“Fabulous pillows”

Stamford Plaza Melbourne
Ranked #44 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was great. Very comfortable wasn't noisy at all for us. Love that part of the city in Melbourne with all the little shops. Everything is very close. Would definitely come again.

Room Tip: stay in the suites... room numbers that end in a 13 or a 7
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear denise r,
We can certainly deliver a luxurious break with our well appointed suites and professional service. Our central city location with no shortage of shops, galleries, attractions and restaurants nearby, means your choices for entertainment are varied & easy to get to. Thanks for noting our fabulous pillow menu, there's a pillow to suit everyone!
We look forward to welcoming you back for another great sleep and fabulous stay in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Stamford Plaza Melbourne

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed in the three bedroom suite with seven girlfriends and had a fantastic time. We only stayed for one night unfortunately as that wasn't long enough. The suite had 3 bathrooms and 5 televisions! Great location and service! Will come back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear price11_13,
What a great way to spend some quality time with your girlfriends, it sounds like a fabulous night was had by all. I am so happy we were able to provide you with the total package experience that every guest deserves and we look forward to providing you more of the same on your next visit.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

As can be seen by the majority of reviews the Stamford Plaza is a hotel of a good quality where you are unlikely to go away being disappointed. I stayed as part of a business trip as one person and had what I think is referred to as a studio room. I found the room good overall with a separate bedroom and separate lounge. It may just be me but I found the width of the room slightly on the smaller size and I would have liked a little more space. Having said that, on arrival the reception staff asked and offered me either a room on a low floor or a high floor. Fittings and cleaning were of a good quality. I had restful sleeps at the Stamford and did not find the hotel noisy at all. The hotel has an interesting design feature in so far that from any level of the hotel you can look over the side of the balustrades and look straight down to the ground floor from any level. I found myself hugging the walls a bit and if you are a family with younger children, you would be wise to keep an eye on them. All in all a good choice of hotel for the Melbourne CBD.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear tranzactnow,
I am pleased we were able to offer you comfort and convenience for your business trip and that you were impressed by the service provided. Our atrium & glass lifts are certainly a memorable feature and make for a very impressive arrival. Thank you for your valuable recommendation, and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel is superbly located just off the Paris end of Collins street. The one bedroom suites are a good size for two and the beds really comfortable. I didn't find the room particularly quiet though - we were located directly adjacent to the lift and could hear it going up and down when we were in the room. Street noise is also audible so I am guessing the windows are not double glazed. This was a bit of a disappointment in an otherwise good stay - particularly as I had requested a quiet room. Never mind. The room was clean, well appointed (if not exactly to my taste) and ear plugs come in handy at times. There were some quirks in getting the heating/air conditioning adjusted but once I found the instructions (via the hotel service directory - which is on channel 0 on the TV) all was well. Staff were courteous and professional and I have to send a special thanks to the chef who cooked the most PERFECT salmon steak I have had in a very long time - maybe ever - beautifully moist and yummy. One of the staff had organised that it be gluten free which was fabulous - unfortunately I didn't have the same luck in their cafe - Harry's Bar the next day when the waitress was less then friendly or accommodating when I asked about my options. Having said that this was the only incident of less then stellar service. All my other interactions were impeccable. A good stay my primary disappointment being the noise. Jury is out on whether I would stay again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear MiniMoo Too,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and for highlighting the fantastic meal you enjoyed. I apologise that this was slightly marred when your request for gluten free options in Harry’s Bar was not received in a positive manner. I will ensure follow up is conducted and further training regarding dietary options is carried out with our staff. We would welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again, when you are next travelling to Melbourne please feel free to contact me on karlunterfrauner@spm.stamford.com.au or on 03 9659 1178 so I may ensure you are allocated a quiet room that is located on a high floor and away from the lifts. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my daughter on a quick shopping and theatre trip. The Stamford is my favourite Melbourne hotel at the moment and I have stayed here 5 times in the past couple of years. It has everything I want. Close proximity (5 minutes walk) to shops, theatres, restaurants, Federation Square and South Bank make it very convenient for a short stay. The service is impeccable and the buffet breakfast which is often included in the tariff, sets me up for the day. The rooms are spacious and clean with the added advantage of having a kitchenette. Price wise, The Stamford is often cheaper than similar Melbourne hotels but with absolutely no compromises on service or quality of stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Baskingshark8,
We’re thrilled to be your number one pick for accommodation in Melbourne and it is our pleasure to offer all that you are looking for in a hotel. We aim to provide superior service and facilities and great value for money, I am glad you found each of these during your stay. We greatly appreciate your return custom and we look forward to visit number 6!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed at the Stamford Plaza for 4 nights last month as a central base to visit friends and relatives in Melbourne. The room was very spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. To get beyond the first floor using the lifts you need your room key, which we were not told about when checking in but eventually figured it out after a couple of false starts and a few laughs. Upon hearing about hearing about another earthquake in NZ while at the front desk, the staff went onto the internet to update us on the latest news. Very helpful to put our minds at ease for the rest of our break – Thank you (it was the first time we had not taken a laptop away with us). The hotel is very conveniently placed to visit the CBD and to catch a tram to other areas of Melbourne. We had tickets to a show at the Regent Theatre and found that the theatre was only a couple of blocks away, easy walking distance.
Would certainly consider the Stamford Plaza on our next trip to Melbourne.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Colin255118,
Thanks for sharing so many of the positive aspects of your stay at Stamford Plaza Melbourne. I am proud to read that the actions of our staff were able to put your mind at rest . The genuine warmth and thoughtful hospitality provided by our staff is certainly to be applauded and I appreciate you sharing this experience. I hope you had a safe journey home and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

stayed at the Stamford plaza for 4 nights and was amazingly surprised with the attention to detail.
have stayed at the best hotels around the world and found that the Stamford plaza exceeded all expectations.
any questions I had the front desk were more than happy to answer.
looking forward to my next visit.
would recommend to family and friends

Room Tip: even entry level rooms are more than satisfactory
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear adam s,
Our staff are extremely professional as well as being friendly and are always happy to go above and beyond to exceed our guest’s needs. Thanks for your recommendation, I’m delighted you enjoyed all we have to offer and we look forward to welcoming you back again.