We stayed at the Stamford Plaza for 2 nights celebrating our first wedding anniversary. We booked through Wotif and booked the Lazy Dayz Package for Friday night and the Romantic Package for the Saturday night, and we were not disappointed! From the moment we checked in, we were treated well (not like second class guests, how most hotels make you feel when booking through Wotif!) Check in was quick and easy and we were escorted to our suite.
We stayed in a one bedroom queen suite, which was nicely furnished but quite small. While the room itself was quite modern, the bathroom was a let down and could have used some refurbishing (shower over bath, what more can I say!) Other than the bathroom, we were happy enough with our room, it was clean and comfortable but not the standard we are used to.
The Lazy Dayz package included a half hour massage each, which we had just after we arrived. They use an external massage company, who was professional enough, but I did not really enjoy the massage. The room was too small to set the massage table up comfortably and they only did one at a time, so the other person was left sitting around waiting, which was quite awkward! After the massage, we had dinner in our suite, where the chef came up and cooked and served our entrée in our room (which was set up for fine dining). The entrée was not bad, but we did not get a choice, which I was pretty disappointed about (too bad if you don't like prawns!) We then ordered our mains and desserts from the menu which was bought up to us at a specified time. The food was good (steak cooked perfectly), the wine was good (included in the package) and the service was prompt and friendly. We finished off the night with popcorn and in house movies (which was also included in the package), making it a wonderful and relaxing night!
Saturday night we went out for dinner, but had booked the Romance package for that night. We came back to the hotel to romantic music playing, canapés and choc-dipped strawberries set up with sparkling wine on ice and rose petals scattered throughout the room, bed and bathroom (the spa bath was also drawn with bubbles). It was nice to walk into our room with it set up like this, but we were late back from the restaurant (an hour later than our specified time), so the canapés had been sitting for over an hour, so unfortunately we did not get to eat those. While it is a great package, I think it would work better having the guest call the hotel when they are on their way back, for them to bring up the canapés then, because people get held up and don't want to risk eating the canapés that have been sitting in a warm room for over an hour!
The next morning, our package included a cooked breakfast in our room, which unfortunately, was a massive let down of our stay. The food was cold, soggy and overcooked and was so bad I did not eat it. e would have much preferred to have brekky in the hotel restaurant, but were not given that choice - maybe something for the hotel to consider in the future. Check out was quick and easy and staff were all very friendly and helpful. The concierge went out of his way twice to help us and we felt we were treated very well (they even congratulated us on our anniversary)!
I highly applaud this hotel on their staff, always friendly, courteous and helpful. I would also highly recommend to book one of the packages, as it is a great deal; you will not be disappointed. Thank you for a wonderful stay for our first wedding anniversary! (Oh, and we also got personalised robes to take home and a personalised bottle of wine!) I would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel with 282 suites and 26 brand new superior rooms.Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the pool facility featuring sleek furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, and a well equipped gym with cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel