Just finished a business trip to Melbourne and stayed at the Stamford for the first time (on previous trips have stayed at the Novotel). I stayed on the 7th floor in the East Tower away from the lift.
It was a nice experience with friendly staff and pleasant service. I do not feel that this really is a '5 star' hotel, more like 4 star. The hotel has the old world business travel charm to it with the classical lobby music and room features etc. but it was the quality of these features that let it down a little bit.
Whilst attractive, the room features weren't in top condition with a few chips in the paint, on the doors, old ironing board etc. The bathrobes provided also felt a bit old (overwashed and not fresh). The duvet was also not in an acutal cover, but layered between sheets. These didn't really bother me, but these sort of things should be seamless (in my humble opinion) to be classified as 5 star.
Breakfast was easy and convenient, but if you have the time, would recommend dining somewhere else on Collins Street for something more cost appropriate.
If you're looking for a real 5 star experience then I would recommend you try another hotel, but for a comfortable business trip, then this hotel ticks all the cards (location, timely check in and check out services, helpful service, etc.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel with 282 suites and 26 brand new superior rooms.Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the pool facility featuring sleek furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, and a well equipped gym with cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel