My mother, aunty, grandmother and I stayed in a 2 bedroom room with an extra rollaway bed for a girls shopping weekend. We booked through Wotif and got a very reasonable price.
We were very pleased with the hotel. It's regal decor is the perfect setting for a winter stay in Melbourne.
The room was a really good size - a tad cramped with the rollaway but still more than comfortable for the four of us. The beds were all comfortable, even the rollaway. There were three TVs in the room so we pretty much each had a TV to ourselves. Great kitchenette facilities (we didn't use it at all though). Only criticism of the room is that was a tad on the dark side, which we liked because it was winter, but in summer might be a little depressing.
We didn't experience any noise whatsoever as other reviewers have mentioned, but we were in the far corner of the 7th floor, furthest away from the lift.
The breakfast wasn't fabulous but it was still good. We also ate at the restaurant one night and it was nice enough for a quick meal for some tired ladies after a very early morning.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Absolutely no criticism of the staff whatsoever. Always smiled and said hello and were efficient.
Overall, this was a good hotel. If we could get a similar rate through Wotif we would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel with 282 suites and 26 brand new superior rooms.Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the pool facility featuring sleek furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, and a well equipped gym with cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel