I took my mother away for the weekend to see Love Never Dies at the Regent Theatre. We got a good deal which inculded a 1pm check out, which had made the following day much more relaxing. I chose to stay at the Stamford mainly for the location, being so close to the theatre, a restaurant that I wanted to take mum ( Fabulous place call The Kitchen Cat) and the trams that would take us straight home the next day within a 2 min walk. I was surprised that the hotel still held my information from previous stay several years ago, which was just as fantastic. We got upgraded so my mum was very happy. The suite was luxurious. So wonderful to see quality furnishings with an elegant old world charm. It is most unfortunate these days that cheap and unsturdy furnishings are so widely used in modern style hotels and still expect to pay a high price. We loved everything about the suite and everything that was offered. A small but functional kitchen and bar area. Clever use of space. Lighting was practical. Air Conditioning/ Heater was easy to operate and quality of air was comfortable. Beautiful bathroom with a nice spa bath. Adequate bathroom amenities. Bed was cosy and comfortable. It was so comfortable that my mum refused to leave the room the next day, apart from getting breakfast! Buffet breakfast was delicious. Just enough variety and done with care. Scrambled eggs served in portioned size cups a much better way to keep quality than leaving a big dish of unedible eggs sitting in a pool of liquid, like most other hotels do. Have to say the overall breakfast experience at Harry's was far much better than our previous stay. Glad they had improved. It was also obvious that their maintenance team and housekeeping do, do their jobs properly. Not an easy thing to achieve but well done! Thorough cleanliness and general maintenance always get my utter attention, which can really affect my entire stay. Check in and Check out was efficient and friendly. What a wonderful place. Mum and I got to spend quality time together and she loved everything about it. Cannot wait to return but next time I won't be leaving my room at all...because there is no need to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a leading 5 Star Melbourne CBD hotel with 282 suites and 26 brand new superior rooms.Located at the "Paris" end of Little Collins Street, Stamford Plaza Melbourne is the ideal choice for guests looking for quality accommodation in Melbourne's central business district. Set amongst theatres, renowned restaurants, fashion boutiques and Melbourne's finest attractions, guests can relax in the boutique surroundings whilst immersing themselves in the city's vibrant culture. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Flinders Street station and Federation Square and a 25 minute drive from Tullamarine Airport. Your home away from home, the hotel's elegantly appointed 283 suites are a sanctuary with a luxurious sense of space and comfort. Each suite contains a kitchen with cooking facilities, spacious lounge and dining areas and separate bedroom/s with bath spa en-suite. Guests can enjoy the pool facility featuring sleek furnishings, a hydration station, spa and sauna facilities, and a well equipped gym with cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Services such as 24-hour reception, Concierge and room service, valet car parking and laundry, ensure a relaxing and fuss free stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stamford Plaza Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Stamford Plaza Hotel