Stamford Plaza Melbourne
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$133
$127
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$145
$115
  • Restaurant
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$126
$104
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$99
$73
  • Free Internet
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$168
$97
  • Restaurant
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$101
$189
$234
$190
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$129
$108
  • Fitness center
4,935 results
All reviewsharry's bargreat locationspa bathking suitevalet parkingcollins streetlounge areasmall kitchenroom servicebuffet breakfastenjoyable staycentral locationgreat roommini barconciergegymcouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have stayed at the Stamford Plaza on Little Collins St twice now, 7 years apart. I must say it hasn't really changed.

Everything is there, it's comfortable and the service is good, but for the price you pay, I would say this is not value for money. Having just come from the Hilton in Sydney, which I paid just $20 extra per night for, the downward difference was quite noticeable - everything seemed a big step below what I found at the Hilton.

Rooms are certainly bigger, and have a kitchenette - but I'd rather have a better quality smaller room to be honest.

Rooms are quite an odd mix of modern (flat screen wall HD tvs are great!) and old (bathroom fittings etc) so it felt a little eclectic.

Location is fine - close to everything that matters in the CBD.

Room service took almost an hour to arrive late in the evening - not up to my expectations. A $15 dessert turned out to be absolutely miniscule.

Pillows are large and (in my opinion) too soft to give a good sleep to those who prefer firm pillows.

I am reasonably intelligent but could not work out how to set the alarm properly.

Overall I would not stay at this hotel again - I think there are better value options in the CBD.

Room Tip: I think they are much of a muchness
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
DustyMelbourne, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Dear Coralkiwi,

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed our service and felt the room was comfortable and a good size with a kitchenette. We agree that the Hotel is in a great location in the CBD.

I am disappointed to read your comments about Room Service and would appreciate if you would contact me to discuss further.

We would welcome the opportunity to have you back at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, don’t wait for another 7 years!!

Please contact me by email: karlunterfrauner@spm.stamford.com.au

Reviewed September 29, 2011

we stayed at the Stamford in may 2010 and booked the romance and seduction package ..was severely dissapointed in the room, which was very dated and dark. the door wouldnt work and took 15 minutes to gain access to the room;, but when we complained we was offered a discount on a future visit..so here we go. booked in to stay there in november hope our stay is more enjoyable than last time. stay tuned and i will update when we return

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
DustyMelbourne, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Dear Razor01,

We look forward to having you back with us in November, and we are certain you will enjoy the refurbishment.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We booked this hotel through lastminute.com and were really pleased with the decor and the room. We were lucky to be upgraded to a two bedroom, two bathroom suite, with three TV's.
This was a special birthday treat and we dined in the restaurant "Harrys" where the food was delicious and the service very good. They also have a kids menu.
The pool was nice and we had it all to ourselves.
We'll definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from Little Collins Street, the traffic noise can be loud at night
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
DustyMelbourne, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Dear Italianla,

Thank you for your comments. We have had a lot of positive feedback with the new decor in our suites.

Also, thank you for choosing Harry's Restaurant for your Birthday. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We were gifted a Weekend away in Melbourne and were lucky enough to be put up at this Hotel, we were on the Redeye Flight so turned up very early however our Luggage was stored and later taken up our Room when the Room was ready. Located in little Collins St Paris end of Town it's in a very quiet location but close to Theatres, Shops ,Hotels and Trams. We had a Studio Suite and I must say it was large enough for us and my Partner is a Tall Man, the Bed was extremely comfortable and the Room was very quiet. The Staff are very helpful and friendly they even printed off our Boarding Passes for the Flight back, didn't try the Restaurant but probably will on a return Visit. A very comfy lounge available downstairs while waiting for our bus to the Airport. All in all a very comfortable and enjoyable stay and I think we will probably stay again on next Years visit.

Room Tip: Even the Studio Rooms are a good size.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Heartbeat,

We were delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Do come back soon and try Harry's Restaurant where our Chef has an extensive range of international food for a fine dining experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

This hotel is at the top end of Little Collins Street, away from the Casino, but close to the theatres and some great little restaurants. The hotel is comfortable and clean with friendly staff and gives good value for money including a good breakfast.

Room Tip: I think any room would be OK
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
DustyMelbourne, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2011

Dear Morswazza,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We have a great team of staff, and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay.