As a Melbourne resident, i stay at Sofitel Melbourne several times a year as my 'getaway'.
I have stayed at this property since 1990, and the current Accor owners have done a wonderful job in it's transformation.
The main reasons i always enjoy this hotel is its height.
Having the rooms starting at level 36, means the views are fantastic, but also what i like is the peace and quiet- no traffic noise, no screaming drunks.
The rooms are very spacious and most importantly- CLEAN!
It even has a lovely clean smell when you walk through the door!
The bathroom is marble and immaculately presented.
Front desk staff are always pleasant to me, and will welcome you back on a return visit.
Another thing i noticed is the friendliness from the Room Attendants.
A number of times i have asked them whilst they were in the halls, for some additional soaps, shower gels or even some hot chocolate sachets.
They always pleasantly hand them to me.
Another time i came back to my room whilst it was being serviced (the door open as normal). I walked in and introduced myself as the occupant.
The Housekeeper asked me to go back to the door and 'swipe' my room card to ensure that i WAS the person occupying the room.
I was very impressed, because (after recent media reports about slack security at 5 star hotels) i knew that if anyone tried to 'con' her, they would not get in my room.
Well done Sofitel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel