Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
$199
$183
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$208
$93
Radisson
The Westin Melbourne(Melbourne)
$195
$176
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$110
$90
$240
$210
$147
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$179
$104
  • Room Service
$252
$162
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$182
$143
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
5,580 results
All reviewsatrium barprestige suiteluxury roomthe club loungecorner roompillow menuaccor membertop endstar hotelshower over the bathbottle of champagnevalet parkinghigh tearod laver arenaan upgradeflinders lanetram stop
Reviewed November 14, 2008

My partner and I stayed at the Sofitel for one night recently and loved it. The service is fantastic!
We stayed in a hotel room and the view was amazing - looking out over melbourne city, we had a clear view of the MCG. The beds at the Sofitel are also the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
The breakfast was 5 star, they do a buffet style with everything you could ever want. They will also freshly cook you eggs to your liking and omelettes for no extra charge.
The prices for drinks in the bar are a bit expensive but that is expected in a 5 star hotel.
Overall we would definately stay here again.

1  Thank Barnzie84
Reviewed November 3, 2008

We stayed 3 nights (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) in a Corner King Room at the end of October 2008. The sign of a good hotel (for us) is a comfortable and quiet room where you can escape for peace and quiet - when you want to. The hotel does not achieve the peace and quiet aspect. Our room was comfortable with a wonderful bed. What annoyed us was the constant noise coming from the Bar on the 35th floor that affected our ability to sleep.

The hotel is designed so that the rooms are based around a circular design. From the 35th floor up, there is simply a vast space in the middle of the hotel and this allows noise from the bar on the 35th floor to carry up and into rooms. We were on the 46th floor, quite high up and yet we still clearly heard the piano playing until 11pm. It is quite incredible just how much the piano music carries. This was very annoying because we expected to be able to sleep by 9pm as we had very early starts on both days. Even earplugs couldn't drown out the piano music which permeated the room. After the first night we complained to the manager who listened intently to our complaint and then said that he would make sure that the piano stopped at 11pm. Too bad if you wanted to go to sleep before then. This was not a satisfactory resolution for us. Obviously guests have to fit in with the hotel's timetable. I expect better of a Sofitel and would not recommend the Melbourne one unless you are sure you don't want to go to sleep before 11pm.

Also, the noise from our neighbouring room was quite clearly heard. We could clearly hear drawers closing, & other noise quite easily. Plus the gym facilities are pretty miserable and their opening hours on the weekend are very limited.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank BrendaGoulburn
Reviewed October 27, 2008

While my room was nothing special, albeit with great views (the bathroom was particularly small), the Club Lounge on the 35th floor was amazing.

It had a great selection of alcohol but a poorer one of food.

Only 20 or so guests used it in the 2.5 hours I was there.

A great place to observe the trams, trains and the sunset.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Owen J
Reviewed October 23, 2008

This is beautiful hotel in downtown Melbourne, magnificence rooms and accommodations. All employees were friendly and gracious all the time. The rooms were fantastic, clean and a terrific view of the city. The front desk was full of information with things to do and where to go. We took a couple of wine tours; discover many new restaurants with the aid of the front desk.
If you have the sprits to take a helicopter ride, and then try Microflite Helicopter service, they will fly you to the 12 Apostles. This was truly an experience of life time, flying over the country side and landing at the 12 Apostles and walking to the edge of the cliffs over this astounding site. Check out there web site at: http://www.microflite.com.au/

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yobewild
Reviewed October 19, 2008

I stayed at the Sofitel recently while attending a conference - very glad my employer paid as I was disappointed. The room was small but nice with a good view, the bed is super comfortable and the touchscreen room controls are good. However, the rooms are not soundproof at all. I was kept awake by the TV in the room next door, right behind my head while in bed, which was on until nearly 1am for two nights in a row - I don't think it was turned up excessively loud, just that the walls are not well insulated. Worse, I could even hear what the happy couple were up to in the morning...not what I would expect in a 5 star hotel. I did mention the TV noise at the front desk twice as I was so sleep deprived, but this was received with 'surprise' as they said no-one else had ever complained about it. So I ended up buying earplugs at the nearby chemist just to get some quiet. I was disappointed that the staff didn't really care at all. On my final night (a Friday) the music from the bar was going until 11pm - but the TV next door was off! For the price, I would not stay here again - I expect peace and quiet and could get much better value somewhere else. If it wasn't for the noise, it would have been fine.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business