Well-located near the top of Collins Street, and a lovely hotel to wander around.
Our room was small but comfortable. We had 2 single beds - not sure how that happened, but for one night it was not a big problem.
There is a fantastic bar on the 35th Floor, but it had closed when we went there (11.30ish PM) for a nightcap. That seemed a tad small-town for us.
Reception and checkout were efficient and friendly, WIFI is free, and valet parking $AUD50 per night.
All in all, a good experience, though I think it works best for shorter (1-2 nights) stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel