My sister and I visited Melbourne for a girls weekend over the Easter long weekend and were excited to be staying at the Sofitel.
From the moment we arrived the staff were amazing. All of the staff we had interactions with during our stay we're extremely friendly, helpful and they always offered to go above and beyond what we've experienced at other hotels.
The door staff who greeted us at the entrance were very welcoming and set the tone for rest of the staff. The concierge and reception staff were all extremely friendly, informative and provided us with assistance on numerous occasions.
Our room was excellent, very clean and spacious with amazing views of the city. The bed was super comfy, I hated having to get up in the morning. The hotel was quiet, we didn't hear any noise from other rooms or restaurant area. The lights in the bathroom also need to be brighter.
We tried a few times to get on to the internet in our room, it was near impossible to get the internet to work, however when it did finally connect it came up with a $13 for 2hours usage fee (pretty sure it was free wifi in the foyer). For a five star hotel, I expect free wifi (that works) available in my room.
Biggest disappointment was the inability to secure a taxi for a trip over to Southbank on the first night wee were there, three taxis drove in and out of the driveway. The third taxi locked their doors and we couldn't get in, the taxis in Melbourne are horrendous and only want long fares (particularly to the airport). After that we refused to use taxis. While I appreciate the hotel can't control the taxis, I also don't expect to attend a high class hotel (with the price tag that's attached to the Sofitel) and not be able to get a taxi, especially when we had no idea how to get around the city.
The hotel itself is amazing, very beautiful and has its own scent! The furniture and fittings just in the reception area alone were luxurious and what I would expect from a hotel of this level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel