“Sofitel on Collins - Views & Great food!”

Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
Ranked #16 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Echuca, Australia
“Sofitel on Collins - Views & Great food!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Gorgeous entrance, friendly welcome & service the entire stay, room with amazing views of Melbourne from both angles (corner room highly recommended!) & delicious dinner at the restaurant. Fantastic ****

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Jeremy H, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor, I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to all Ambassadors in particular with the No35 restaurant. We look forward to your return to Sofitel Melbourne On Collins.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ararat, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Sofitel is a Hotel I visit regularly because many of my business functions are held there (not my decision.....). What that means is I see the place from many angles - everything from the smaller function rooms (with wonderful views) to the Grand Ballroom, however as stated in my previous review I no longer stay in the hotel (any hotel that rips off wheelchair users doesn't have my support).
That having been said, in the function space I have seen everything from the superb (almost unbelievable) Passionfruit Soufflé served a month ago, and consistently excellent conference dinners (not an easy thing to do consistently) to the absolute lack of customer service experienced last week.
I am there attending a Ministerial function and as usual I could get almost any kind of alcoholic during I could have wanted. However, I (like a growing number of my peers) no longer drink, and really only wanted a coffee. Not only couldn't I get one as part of the function, but (having checked with his supervisor) I was informed I couldn't even buy one!!
I ended up having to leave the hotel to find a coffee shop to sell me a cup of coffee at 6.00pm.
I'm sorry but that is rubbish, it is a large multi starred hotel - it isn't that difficult.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Andrew E
Jeremy H, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am grateful for your assessment and for your detailed comments which detracted from your experience with us, in particular with regards to the service and request for a coffee during an event at the hotel and I profusely apologise for the inconvenience caused. Your feedback has been passed on to our Director of Food & Beverage who is currently reviewing the service standards with the team to prevent future occurrences such as this. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Melbourne On Collins.
Cronulla, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Best hotel we've stayed in Melbourne. We had a corner room on 43rd floor - fabulous views of the expanse of Melbourne. Hotel is very well appointed and very comfortable. Great helpful staff as well. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I was thrilled to read you had an enjoyable stay with us. The views from the 43rd floor are spectacular. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our Ambassadors. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Melbourne on Collins.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2013

A very warm welcome by the friendly and smiling staff. The room was well fitted out, extremely comfortable and the views overlooking Melbourne were superb! The restaurant was first class, magnificent breakfasts, brilliant dinner menus, and the wait staff were not only courteous, but friendly and happy. Our concierge was a delight and most helpful. Our stay at the Sofitel was all that we could have asked for and we shall definitely return.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves in providing the finest, most up-to-date product in the competitive Melbourne market and so we certainly appreciate your feedback and spending your precious time in doing so. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests back to Sofitel Melbourne On Collins in the not too distant future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in early November. Staff very friendly despite my very late arrival.

Beautiful reception area, however, I didn't realise it was an atrium type hotel and as I am nervous of heights, was a little surprised when I emerged from the elevator. Wished I had asked for a room closer to the elevator bank.

The room was lovely, amazing view over the city. Tastefully decorated with wonderful shutters on the windows.

The location is good for tourists and shoppers, but given that a lot of the large financial institutions have moved to the dock area, its a little far for business people, but only a few minutes in a taxi

Room Tip: If you don't like heights, ask for a room closer to the elevator bank.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do let us know when you return and we will endeavour to meet you request for a suitable room preference.