“A nice French style hotel”

Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
Ranked #17 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed in the corner luxury king room with a magnificent view during the night. The hotel is very handy to anywhere. Collins Place is just under the hotel for breakfast or lunch. Federation square is just 10 minutes walk. Tram station is just in front of the hotel. Love it!!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeremy H, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. It was wonderful to hear that we made your stay truly enjoyable. We are dedicated to constantly improve our services and your positive words are much appreciated by everyone here. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,414)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

A luxurious hotel situated at the top of Collins Street. Situated in an excellent location in the Melbourne CBD close to transport, entertainment, shopping and restaurants. Rooms with fantastic views over Melbourne from over 35 floors up. Luxurious and large well appointed rooms with large comfortable beds. Staff are knowledgable, efficient and friendly.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Absolute cracker of a hotel, we stayed in a level fifty suite, what an amazing view and the club was brilliant great food and drinks almost all day long. We also dined at No 35 restaurant which was fabulous too, they had a suckling pig special they said may become a regular, we can only hope.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I have stayed numerous times at the Sofitel.We choose to stay at this Hotel becausu of it's excellent location to the theatres,sports stadiums,Chinatown,shops etc. The staff are very friendly and helpful.The rooms are very good with fabulous views of the City.In room breakfast is excellent.The Sofitel is our No1 place to stay in Melbourne.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jeremy H, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for returning to stay at the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. It was a pleasure to read your positive review of our hotel and I am glad you had an enjoyable stay. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed in the club rooms and they were just divine. The King bed was pure comfort, the Bose alarm clock/docking station next to the bed was a bonus as I had forgot my phone charger, the delightful pillow menu and brilliant room service all combined to make our 2 night stay very enjoyable. We particularly liked the Club room for it delicious breakfast offering (I had the Eggs Benedict off the menu, which were heavenly) and the array of different drinks on offer during their 'happy hour' were great. It's also within walking distance to some great little restaurants and bars. We ate at Mamasita's (right next door) and had a night cap at the lovely Supper Club (a 5 minute walk up Spring street.) There's also a tram stop right outside the front of the hotel if walking isn't your thing. The only thing I could ask them to improve on is their wifi - perhaps it's just me and my useless nature when it comes to technology, but I found it very clumsy and difficult to use - when I could get it to work. However it wouldn't stop us from visiting again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay overall. I was disappointed to read about the issues you had with the wifi and I sincerely apologise for the impact this had on your stay.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with the club facility for two nights with my husband. The hotel location is well located in the CBD with shops and attractions around. The club is on 35/F with a stunning city view and the food and beverage in there were nice.

My check in and check out were executed at the Club, but the services was really bad and they were not in a good manner either. Breakfast, cocktails and afternoon tea, obviously lack of staff, no one came to serve you even you kept asking for it.

We request late check out, and they did not approve and they did not even lend the washroom for us to refresh ourselves before our long flight.

I have been a long term loyal fan to Sofitel, but I must say I was very disappointed to this hotel services. This was not a good sofitel standard nor 5* services.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank ccesther
Jeremy H, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay. I appreciate your comments about the service you received from our Club Ambassadors and I apologise for the impact this had on your stay. I also apologise that we could not meet your requests for a late check out on this occasion.
While the above events are less than satisfactory they are not normal. I do hope that one day you give us another chance and return to experience the high level of service I know we are capable of.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The staff here are really on the ball. Everyone I had contact with were what is expected from all hotels. The breakfast was one of the best I have had and the views from the breakfast room easily the best!!!
Ill be back hopefully sooner rather than later. Well done!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. It was wonderful to hear that we made your stay truly enjoyable. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and the views across Melbourne.