Stayed at Sofitel on Collins Street dozens and dozens of times since 1998 as well as other Melbourne top raters, but still keep going back there. The hotel is located within the northern tower of the iconic Cllins Place, and whilst having a Foyers, Bar and Function Rooms on Ground and Level 1 the hotel rooms start on Level 36 and continue up to level 50. Apart from the unimpeded sweeping views to the north and east to take in the Dandenongs and Port Philip Bay which cannot be emmulated from any other Melbourne CBD Hotel, its close location to the Theatres, Restaurants, Shopping, MCG, and Melbourne's other iconic sporting arenas make it the great all-round choice for business, pleasure or a mixture of both. A Train Station is literally on the doorstep, which opens up quick trips to and from Carlton, and the CBD when loaded up with the shopping. The Sofitel staff are extremely friendly, the Club Sofitel is one of the best in Australia, the beds are extermely comfortable, and the rooms themselves have that real plush, warming feeling. Whilst the hotel itself appears somewhat dated compared with other 5 star accomodation, there is a grandeur in the 16 storey open atrium, the likes of which would never be contemplated in a new hotel nowadays. In all the times I have stayed there over the last 15 years and it would be well over 100 stays, the bad experiences could be counted on the fingers of one hand, and as I remember, any dissatification was qucikly addressed. Whilst I have stayed in many other Mebourne CBD Hotels, its this place I always seem to gravitate back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel