WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #14 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Linden Nsw Australia
“Luxury luxury luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Five days at the Sofitel was not enough. We stayed on the 45th floor and could see the world from there. The room was great, the service was exceptional but yet unobtrusive at the same time. The mere mention of my partners birthday resulted in a bottle of champagne from the General Manager. Thank you to the Sofitel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
It was fantastic to read your positive review of the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. I am glad we made your stay such a memorable occasion. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (755)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel was the highlight of our trip. Such a lovely hotel and very central. It was my hubby's 40th and they had a bottle of champagne waiting for us along with some gourmet choccies. Decadent. I want to be back there now!!! We didn't have the breakfast but heard it is amazing!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay. It is wonderful to know that we met your expectations across many levels. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Friendly excellent service , very comfortable bed, great view from room, looking forward to coming back and trying the restaurant. Valet parking was also excellent, overall an enjoyable and relaxing experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a fantastic stay with us. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with our team.
Vic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Sofitel Melbourne is a lovely luxurious hotel. From the minute you walk into the hotel you know you are in for a treat. The rooms are beautifully furnished, beds very comfortable and the views of Melbourne spectacular. We found an independent cinema below the hotel which just added to our stay, making it all a perfect weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. I am glad you enjoyed the spectacular views across Melbourne. It was fantastic to read that you had the perfect weekend.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here multiple times.

I always book a 1 bedroom club suite, with access to their wonderful club lounge. The rooms are always spotless, the room service is delicious (generally), and the staff are very professional. $50 tips are always offered on my stay here, solely due to the staffs incredible professionalism.

Our small child is always warmly welcomed, and very well catered for. Amenities are also above average.

This hotel is one if the best in Melbourne, and I would suggest booking if you are considering staying here.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with our team. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future.
Canberra Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'm going against the grain of the other reviews here, but I was underwhelmed. The two biggies for me are the bed, and noise when you're trying to sleep, and the bed problem has me as a refugee from The Westin. The bed at the Sofitel was another of these very soft affairs, but with zero support. The mattress doesn't try to cradle you, it just sinks. There was three layers of soft things on top of the mattress, including a very upmarket feather/down mattress topper. I removed the soft layers, put the protector back on and hoped for comfort, but sadly all I got was saaaag. The range of pillows was good though.

I like soft, but don't like sag, and my back doesn't like it at all.

On arrival, I was impressed by the elegance of everything, the view (I was on floor 38 but the views were forever), and the apparent quietness. This was spoiled however by the arrival of people in the room next door. When I returned to the hotel after a late-finishing dinner at ezard, it sounded like they were playing video games! Luckily I'd brought earplugs just in case, but you expect noise from next door to not be there in an upmarket hotel.

Everything else was nice, I pinched the toiletries as they had a nice citrus/bergamot scent. The robes and slippers were good, best hotel pens encountered so far (yes I pinched those too).

They did charge me for taking juice from the minibar, but quickly reversed that when I assured them I didn't touch any food or drink from the mini bar (there's a mall downstairs, why would you?).

If soft saggy beds aren't a problem for you (and reading the reviews here, they're evidently quite liked by many!), and you are used to the noise of other people, the rest of the deal at this hotel is very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We appreciate you posting such an honest and constructive review. I was also appreciative of your comments regarding the Sofitel MyBed, and even though we seldom receive unenthusiastic comments regarding the Sofitel MyBed experience, I recognise and acknowledge your feedback and apologise for the impact this had on your stay. We do have a harder mattresses available for those guests who prefer them. I am sorry that you were also disturbed by other guests. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a trouble free stay in the near future.
Mildura, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a stop over. We managed to use our bonus Accor night for the year, as it was a midweek evening. Even so, I have to say that I was a little disappointed. The room was basic, which was to be expected. The bathroom was very basic, which was a disappointment, I haven't seen on of those rubber non slip mats that you need to be put into the bath before you got for many of years and probably at a much cheaper establishment. No body lotion and no bath gel, just shampoo and conditioner, not what I would have expected from the sofitel at all. The view from the room which was on the 40th floor I think, was stunning. We received a complimentary drink at the atrium so after we had freshened up we headed of to have a look around and have our drink. I asked for an explanation of the "house cocktail' and was given a run down, sounded lovely. We ordered two, when they arrived the main taste was of marzipan, no almond was mentioned at all in the explanation and I couldn't drink it. I asked for it to be replaced with a glass of bubbles, and explained why. when we left we were called over to the counter to sign for our drink. My replacement glass of bubbles cost $10. No biggy but just the principle. So we headed off for a nice night out. The next morning we were rushing around to get packed up to check out and get to a early doctors appointment and we had no hot water, being a bit pushed for time we suffered through a couple of cold showers before heading off for the day. All in all it was a disappointing experience and i would seriously consider staying there again, there are a lot of other lovely hotels in Melbourne.... Pity

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for providing such constructive feedback. It is very disappointing to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. Your honest feedback allows us to review our product and offerings and improve. I apologise for the shortcomings and it is our hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to experience a trouble free stay.