The Sofitel in Melbourne is one of our most favourite hotels. We stayed for 2 nights in a club room this time.
Obviously the Sofitel is 5 star and when you pay $500+ per night it's going to be good. End of Story. However.... let me compare our stay this time to previous times:
Basically we found that at all stages of our stay the service was a bit off - not directly unhelpful but more... absent. For example, the reception staff didn't tell us relevant information, the club was very understaffed and our room wasn't ready til 3pm.
Now, the rooms of course are fabulous - amazingly large bathroom, good toiletries, very comfortable bed and an excellent nights sleep - very quiet and dark. Housekeeping was nearly 100% perfect except for the first turn-down service when the housekeeper assumed there was only one person staying in the room (not a big deal). The TV had many channels but not two of the free to air ones (One and 7mate??). Random.
The club was great - excellent food and the wifi worked well. The computers were ok except when I tried to print something - which didn't work at all (staff helped - but again, didn't listen when I told them not to worry about it and proceeded to try to be helpful and failed miserably).
All this is by-the-by of course - we will stay here again and happily pay the extravagant rate because you can't beat the view and the nights sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel