“wrong charges” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Traralgon, Australia
“wrong charges”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

During my stay at the Sofitel we had charges to the room that were not correct (charges for dinner when we had gone elsewhere for dinner). On returning home a $7.50 charge for mini bar products was deducted, this was incorrect, there was nothing taken from mini bar during our stay, staff need to make sure that stock count is correct before guests arrive. This is a small amount but it still soured my first stay at the Sofitel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. I was concerned to learn about the challenges you faced while staying with us and I sincerely apologise for the impact this had on your stay. I can certainly understand how frustrating this would be. Please be assured I will be following this up with my team to ensure this situation does not occur in the future. Please contact me at h1902-AM01@sofitel.com to provide me with further details so I can fully investigate this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great service with professional and polite staff. The room was nice with great views of the city. Location is great although it is the business end of the city so need to travel if you want to get to Casino / Docklands etc. Loved the Breakfast in No35, but not the dinner menu so we ate elsewhere. Over all, very happy -my favourite hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1981Ben
I appreciate you taking to write your review on Trip Advisor. I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that we are your favourite hotel. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Griffith, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I got a great mystery deal and was very excited when I found out it was at the Sofitel. I was staying with a girlfriend, we were going to a concert in Melbourne. We had a great room and indulged in a few early evening cocktails in the lovely, relaxing bar. My overall experience was beautiful, I will definitely stay again if I can get a great deal again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SofitelMelb, . at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. I was glad to read you had such an enjoyable stay. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Sofitel Melbourne On Collins.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

My fiance and I just wanted a lazy weekend in the city to do some wining/dining/shopping. Lovely venue for it! The rooms themselves are what you'd expect from a Sofitel (very comfortable/clean), however the view was much better than expected. We stayed on the 47th floor and had great views of the northern side of Melbourne. The wooden window shutters block out the light very well which is great for sleeping in. I'd happily return for 2 reasons, the view, and because we enjoyed our first stay there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great rooms and service, the pricing of food in the hotel was a bit expensive, but you are in such a good location you can go out to eat. There are trams close by and lots of little places to eat.Loved our stay in Melbourne.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I’m also pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated in a perfect position and very well appointed rooms, all the staff are friendly and the pillows are great!!!! We were on the 47 th floor and the view was awesome, the room was a good size along with the facilities in the room, the lighting system that is controlled via the cbus system is a great touch

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Joeylemp
SofitelMelb, Hotel Manager, Jeremy Healy at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with Sofitel Melbourne On Collins. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed the splendid views from level 47 and our special pillows. It is always thrilling to read such positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.