Overall our stay was as expected of a ACCOR luxury property,great location, lovely food and the best view from restaurant over Melbourne, especially in the evenings.
I arrived after a delayed flight on QANTAS and to add insult they also lost my luggage. Although I had requested a quiet room, again wasconfirmed at checkin and had paid a room upgrade, the room was perfect. Unfortunately however my request for quiet part of the hotel was overlooked, although would normally have been quiet as a cnr location all surrounding rooms allocated over all 4 nights of our stay for airline flight staff as rooms for change over of shifts!. We were woken to cleaning staff coming in and cleaning at 630am!!!! as well as the noise of the flight staff in the adjoining rooms on phones showering packing etc on leaving. I cannot thank enough and highly praise the conceige staff (Ryan and Andrew) at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins otherwise I reckon I would still be on a call on hold to QANTAS lost luggage phone number, probably still waiting for my bags to arrive. Ryan arranged with QANTAS lost baggage courier to get these to me ASAP, 830pm the subsequent night after arriving was too late as the formal functions I flown across to attend commenced at 630pm. The conceige staff at the Sofitel are highly professional and I cannot praise them enough. Staying at at Sofitel has always been enjoyable and relaxing unfortunately between QANTAS lossing my luggage and the room allocation to flight staff around our room wasnt to be on this occassion. I still recommend as I hope noise issues was a one off , I will stay here again, will just remember to ask/check not near guests coming and going all night!! My complaint about noise of cleaning staff was personally apologised to me by the Manager of the cleaning staff, she had addressed staff about noise complaint by the time I finalised checkout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel