“LUXURY ROOMS IN A GREAT MELBOURNE CBD LOCATION”

Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
Ranked #15 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Overall our stay was as expected of a ACCOR luxury property,great location, lovely food and the best view from restaurant over Melbourne, especially in the evenings.
I arrived after a delayed flight on QANTAS and to add insult they also lost my luggage. Although I had requested a quiet room, again wasconfirmed at checkin and had paid a room upgrade, the room was perfect. Unfortunately however my request for quiet part of the hotel was overlooked, although would normally have been quiet as a cnr location all surrounding rooms allocated over all 4 nights of our stay for airline flight staff as rooms for change over of shifts!. We were woken to cleaning staff coming in and cleaning at 630am!!!! as well as the noise of the flight staff in the adjoining rooms on phones showering packing etc on leaving. I cannot thank enough and highly praise the conceige staff (Ryan and Andrew) at the Sofitel Melbourne on Collins otherwise I reckon I would still be on a call on hold to QANTAS lost luggage phone number, probably still waiting for my bags to arrive. Ryan arranged with QANTAS lost baggage courier to get these to me ASAP, 830pm the subsequent night after arriving was too late as the formal functions I flown across to attend commenced at 630pm. The conceige staff at the Sofitel are highly professional and I cannot praise them enough. Staying at at Sofitel has always been enjoyable and relaxing unfortunately between QANTAS lossing my luggage and the room allocation to flight staff around our room wasnt to be on this occassion. I still recommend as I hope noise issues was a one off , I will stay here again, will just remember to ask/check not near guests coming and going all night!! My complaint about noise of cleaning staff was personally apologised to me by the Manager of the cleaning staff, she had addressed staff about noise complaint by the time I finalised checkout.

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Melbourne on Collins

Perth
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Enjoyed our stay, although didn't really utilise many of the hotel services as were out and about exploring Melbourne. The rooms were very nice, the staff were very friendly and professional and my partner tells me the gymnasium was very nice with great facilites. We did have room service and the food for dinner and breakfast were also very nice.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

First impressions WOW !!! room first rate big soft bed, bathroom to die for worth every penny. The staff are very helpful and so polite.

Breakfast was so good so many thing to choose from.

If you want to get around the city there is a free tram and tourist bus trams are cheap A$3.80 for a two hour ticket just get on and off and validate your ticket.

This was the best

Room Tip: The rooms on the 35th floor are excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We used to stay at Sofitel a couple of years back and were impressed by it, that's why we returned to stay another few nights recently. Although the booking was made well in advance through my Accor Advantage Plus membership, our third bed was not ready when we arrived, no one seemed to know anything about it until I produced my confirmation email. The junior suite was hot in the morning with the strong smell of the wooden door (caused by strong sunshine) and cracking sound waking us up. Two of the room key cards were not working and had to be replaced. The control light and sound equipment is difficult to use with light from the bedside telephone and control set disturbing our sleep at night. Services from front desk female staffs were not impressive at all. We got the impression as if we were disturbing their time...baggages never arrived at room until we called them to chase up...well for the high prices we paid, it's really not worth it!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
SofitelMelb, General Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2011

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Melbourne.

It is with deep regret that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations across many levels. I extend our apologies and assurances that what you experienced is not in keeping with the service standards we are capable of and known for.

Your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address these issues and prevent re-occurrences. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Always a lovely night at the Sofitel and a visit to the city for shopping and dinner. Only conern was the bed was way too soft and resulted in a broken nights sleep! Breakfast at 35 is always a delight.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This is our second stay in the club and we love it. Good food, good service from friendly and helpful staff. Close to everything we wanted with Flinders Lane and Collins Street. We will be back. 10 out of 10

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
SofitelMelb, General Manager at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you for telling us about your recent experience at our Club Sofitel. We are very glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and overall you had a lovely stay with us.

We are constantly working hard to achieve excellence in service and it is always very gratifying to receive such complimentary feedback. We thank you for your support of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

The Sofitel was a very pleasant stay. The rooms are very comfortable and the view over the city is magnificent. The breakfast menu is scrumptious and the staff are very attentive. The valet parking is excellent. You only need to drive to the front of hotel and hand your keys over and your vehicle is taken to a safe car park and returned when required.