We spent a weekend in late April/May at the Sofitel in Melbourne, Club Lounge floor and stayed in room 4904 with bay views. We were there for the the Tutankhamun exhibition. The room was lovely and plush, however a little on the small side. The walls are a paper thin as well, we were woken very early by the TV and converstation in the adjoining rooms. The views were fantastic with floor to ceiling windows. The nespresso machine in the room was a great touch. Amenities were good, but it was weird how they wanted to charged $5 for a small mouthwash bottle in the toiletries! This is a 5 start hotel, come on - either offer it as part of the price or don’t, how cheesy. Also I requested the free shoe shine service and had to ask concierge and the operator 3 times over an afternoon to have this done, its the little things like this that add a bit of sour taste to a 5 star hotel. On the good side, the Club Lounge was excellent. The food offerings and drink service in the evening was second to none. Put simply it was so abundant in choices we had to stop ourselves from trying all the options as we had dinner booked for later in the evening. The breakfast in the lounge was very good too. I have given it a four star rating against a 5 star hotel rating. If they could fix a little of those service things (and get rid of that stupid charge for mouthwash) it would hit the 5 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is at the Paris end of Collins Street, in the heart of the city's premier shopping, dining and theatre district, just minutes from the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground. This award-winning hotel has 363 luxurious rooms that begin from level 36 offering breathtaking views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Each room is complemented by modern furnishings, mood lighting, LED\LCD or Plasma televisions and iPod|MP3 connection. Marble bathrooms offer automated low level lighting and French amenities.Enjoy modern dining in No35, high tea occasions in Sofi's Lounge or stylish cocktails in the Atrium Bar On 35.For meetings and events, Sofitel Melbourne On Collins is one of the city’s most comprehensive integrated hotel conference venues offering 12 individual meetings venues with comprehensive audio-visual services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Sofitel