Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$98
$86
The Westin Melbourne(Melbourne)
$220
$204
Westin.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$177
$117
$111
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$165
$194
$181
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$159
$119
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Restaurant
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$87
$82
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$150
  • Breakfast included
5,664 results
All reviewsatrium barprestige suiteluxury roomthe club loungecorner roompillow menuaccor membertop endstar hotelshower over the bathturn down servicevalet parkingbottle of champagnehigh tearod laver arenaan upgradeflinders lane
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Reviewed May 10, 2011

I stayed here recently for our 8 year anniversary and intended to propose to my girlfriend.

Being someone who always likes to explore all options available, I shortlisted over 20 of the best 4 and 5 star hotels around Melbourne and spent at least 30 hours doing online research.

I decided to check out a few places in person as I know from experience pictures can be deceiving. After a night in the city inspecting rooms, I finally decided on the corner room suite (Junior Suite / Executive Room - which is not actually listed on any website - request this if you are staying there!!!) at the Sofitel on level 49. Though a little more dated than some of the other 5 star hotels in Melbourne, it had such a nice welcoming feeling to it and, moreover, without doubt some of if not THE best views in all of Melbourne. Importantly, it was the only hotel I saw which not only met, but actually EXCEEDED all the pictures. It was absolutely amazing and my girlfriend (now fiance :P) was overwhelmed by how perfect the room was. The views are stunning, and the bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Reception staff were so helpful, even in spite of my 6+ calls requesting things such as an ipod charger, RCA lead, ice bucket, etc.

After our stay and all my research and in-person inspections, I am confident in saying that this is one of the best hotels in Melbourne. I looked at rooms which were twice this price and they simply did not compare. The only tiny criticism that I would have is that the room service menu was somewhat limited. Many of the items were salad-based or things you probably wouldn't order for room service (eg. a $45 steak). Some more snack options to satisfy a post-booze hunger would be nice :)

I cannot speak highly enough of my stay there and can't wait for another excuse to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for Junior Suite - not listed on any website
2  Thank Monkey1234567
Reviewed May 10, 2011

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2011

A TripAdvisor Member
traralgon
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We were very happy with our stay the hotel is as good as anywhere we have been.The staff are excellent,very helpful when needed.The only thing i didn,t like is the smell you get off of the blinds on the windows.they seem to be plastic and with the heat of the sun they smell very strong in the room.the room we had was a beautiful suite but alas had 12 winows i would not want that room again.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member