“Last minute bed”

Ranked #59 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Sale, Australia
“Last minute bed”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Very clean and comfortable, but after missing the last train at the end of 27 hours travelling I would have slept on a park bench. The room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. The staff helpful and 50% discount as I was only staying 5 hours. So convenient as it is across the road from Southern Cross station

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Stuart Q

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback!

The team at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne are so thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay and would like to thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us.

On behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne soon!

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I like this place - great location close to Southern Cross Railway and a bit of olde worlde charm.

Rooms are modern and spacious and importantly the beds are comfy with nice fresh linen.

Breakfast is considerably cheaper if you pay the night before, otherwise it's a bit pricey, though there is a cool pancake machine which is unusual. They have a valet car parking service which was convenient, but at $30 overnight I thought that was a bit pricey too. The room however is often available at a reasonable discount, so they have to make a buck somewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear mark07

Thank you for your review.

We agree that the hotel is in an excellent location and our Team strive to offer the best service possible.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Living here right now and today is my last night here. The location of the place is very nice and most places within CBD are easily accessible. The rooms are average at best but my issue is with the staff, specially room service. For 3 days in a row the won't take away our dirty cups and replace them with new ones. We had to call for that every day. Today the replaced them with dirty cups, when we asked for another replacement we were told that they are busy and we will have to go down to the restaurant and get the cups ourselves. We have been asking for our room to be vacummed for 2 days now and nothing so far. The toilets have started smelling now. I am sure they haven't cleaned them either.

The place has pictures of a pool all over the place. On inquiring I was told that pool is actually at Adina Hotel and not here. Its free to use but this is false marketing and highly disappointing.

Overall an average experience, stay away from this place if you can. I can almost stay anywhere and normally not have much issues with things. Rude and lazy staff however is not acceptable.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear TariqSaleem,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Unfortunately there is a delay in Trip Advisor comments being approved so therefore I did not see your comments until after you left the hotel.

I sincerely apologise for any problems you encountered during your stay with the housekeeping department. I personally checked over our reports to see if housekeeping serviced your room each day and it was reported that you requested a green clean. A green clean is a service we provide to help save the environment, this type of service does not use any chemicals or power.

Once again I apologise for the confusion with the pool pictures, the advertisement you are referring to is actually a poster which has all our Vibe Hotels on it.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel should you wish to discuss your stay with me.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Vibe Savoy Hotel, across the road from the Southern Cross Interchange, is the perfect location for getting around Melbourne on public transport and this being the reason I selected the hotel for my recent short stay in Melbourne. From the minute I arrived to when I left, I couldn't have found a better hotel, everything was just great. The reception staff very polite and extremely accommodating - I arrived mid-morning and it wasn't a problem for them to shift me to another room so I could access my accommodation early. My room was spacious, attractive, comfortable, clean and the king size bed was a bonus. My room (on 11th floor) was extremely quiet, I didn't hear another sound and I slept wonderfully well.

I ate dinner in the Alexander Bar and while the menu choice was not extensive, it was more than adequate and the food was delicious. The restaurant staff were very pleasant and friendly. I pre-purchased a ticket for breakfast in the Curve Restaurant (saving $5) and again, the food was really nice in a pleasant restaurant. The mini bar in the room presented a (too) good choice - I ate the packet of snakes just because they were there - note for next time, have the snakes removed from the mini bar!

The Vibe Savoy Hotel is a grand building with a wonderful history which is on display in the foyer for you to read. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was on top floor and it was extremely quiet - the window looked out to the atrium in the mid...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear TizzieTea

The Team at Vibe Savoy are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to a Vibe Hotel in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We recently stayed at the vibe hotel, it was very nice, comfortable bed, beautifully soft sheets, friendly and prompt service. I would recommend the hotel to anyone. It was a few blocks from the city centre.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear GiannettaO

Thank you for time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

At Vibe Savoy we pride ourselves on our friendly service, great location & comfortable rooms. From the feedback you have provided we are delighted your experience with us was pleasant.

We hope you see you back at Vibe Savoy next time you are in Melbourne.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel is in the perfect location for people needing Southern Cross station. The staff on check-in were very friendly and polite. The room was clean, well presented and met our needs perfectly. We ate breakfast at the hotel on one morning and it was fresh, tasty and with a good range of choices. We ate dinner one night at the Alexander Bar. It was good value and the service was excellent (the girl was by herself and managed to take orders, serve food and work the bar).
Our only negative experience we had was with 'happy hour' in the Alexander Bar. It was promoted as 4-6, beers on tap. We ordered 2 beers on tap just after 4 and was charged full price, when we queried this we were told that happy hour applied to one particular beer on tap only! (we would have liked this information before we ordered). Just before 6 we ordered the 'happy hour' beer and were charged full price again. When we queried this it was it was blamed on the computer not calculating the happy hour price and we were charged the reduced price. Complimentary nibbles were also advertised but we were not offered any and didn't want to query again as we didn't want to seem like whingers :)
We would recommend this hotel to others and tell them to watch out for the fine print regarding happy hour.

Room Tip: Some rooms look onto the atrium in the centre, make sure you check your view when booking.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear dkg11

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne.

We are glad you enjoyed the service & location of the hotel. Thank you for bringing the discrepancies with Happy Hour in the bar. I have brought this to the attention of our Food & Beverage Manager who has now rectified the advertising.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel and conveniently located close to the central station and in walking distance to city center. The hotel is good for all the basics but don't expect the unexpected. We stayed two nights and we were generally happy with everything.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Nicholas M

We look forward to welcoming you back to a Vibe Hotel in the near future.