“If need advice, ask Glen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne

Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #52 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
DFW
“If need advice, ask Glen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Glen at the concierge helped this establishment surpass my expectations. He gave us great tips on walking tour through the city. We were also looking for good Indian food and Glen took the time to research the newest and trendiest place and got back with us as promised. He's a great resource if you need suggestions on what to do, where to eat, how to enjoy the city like a true native.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wangaratta, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here for one night on return from a 4 week trip to Malaysia.
The hotel is very well located opposite Southern Cross Station for both Skybus and Trains. I chose it for just that reason as I arrived on a late flight at Melbourne Airport and had to catch a train to Wangaratta the next morning.
The hotel is very restored art deco with a nice bar and bar restaurant.
I was given a large upgraded room on the 4th floor right in the Little Collins St/Spencer St Corner. Considering the room location, it was quiet and I slept well.
The room was large with a queen bed, comfortable chair, sofa, coffee table, safe and large wardrobe. There was a flat panel TV.
The bathroom was a reasonable size, with a shower over a small bath, a vanity unit and toilet. Good towels etc. and amenities were provided.
I had breakfast in the 2nd floor dining room which is quite grand. There was a choice of Continental or full cooked buffet. Choices were very good.
This hotel has to one of the cleanest in which I have stayed.
The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bigw
Southern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Last year we stayed in a Vibe Hotel in Sydney that was easily accessible by rail from the airport with a very friendly and helpful staff. So when I started looking for a hotel in Melbourne, I was immediately attracted to the Vibe, once again because of its great location across the street from the station.

We were able to walk to all other parts of Melbourne very easily from the Vibe. Turn left, and there is a Seven Eleven or the next block. Turn right and you have a Coles supermarket also one block away.

Staff again was friendly and helpful. We check our bags in during the morning, as our plane arrival was prior to check-in by several hours.

Our room on the 7th floor was large, and everything was very clean. We did not experience any street noise from our 7th floor room.

We anticipate being back in Melbourne next March, and we will certainly book at the Vibe again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GreenUnicorn
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hello fellow travellers. So my last stay was the Vibe Savoy in Melbourne. I describe this as the classic of the vibe chain. I think the location of the hotel is excellent just across from the main rail station that includes buses to the aiport and a dfo for last minute shopping. So I have stayed at this hotel before the rooms are very spacious room set out very simple and bed was good. But I aSm a person who likes a spacious bath I found this a tade small.I believe the hotel could also do who a update in reguards to more modern rooms. I was impressed with the check out more than with checking in. As for location the cbd is a 10 minute walk but has a tram stop just outside hotel. Making it very easy to get around to St Kilda Markets and other attractions. Plus Ethiad Stadium is 5 minutes walk away. Noise level not too bad minimal at best. Oh there is also a Woolies located in the rail terminal. And some great eating out spots at Southbank. Hotel value I thought was good.So out of 10 I give it a 7. Stay tuned next rewiew. from Auckland. Happy Travels

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank soho319
ayers rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay here. Beautiful rooms. Beds were comfortable and made daily. Plasma tv . Clean. Lovely staff. Great valet service. Brilliant location! We could walk to casino , parks , measums rtc and tram and trains were just outside door So close to everything
cons- was hard to park to check in .

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank glam0872
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is great to look at from the outside and I could not wait to spend two nights here. (I usually stay very happily at the Arthouse hotel in St Kilda)
When I entered the lobby and later on my bedroom I was equally impressed.
From there on in it wall went downhill.
The walls are paper thin, to the point that I did not need to turn on my TC as I could hear the news coming from next door. I could hear the business call that my other neighbour was having. The least impressive part was when my neighbour received a 6am wake up call and I only needed to get up at 8....
Will not stay again if I am looking to get some sleep.
Breakfast is also lacklustre and tired.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Suva, Central, Fiji
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Terrible internet. Unhelpful staff. I hate it here. They have been absolutely rude to us the entire stay. The internet drops every 30 min. You can only get internet in the lobby! There is never anyone at the front desk.

Room Tip: noisy AC unit