“We expect more from Vibe”

Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #61 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the second time my wife and I visited Melbourne and we stayed at Vibe Savoy 4 nights in December. The Hotel is located in front the Southern Cross station. The first impression when we arrived was not bad and the girl (sorry I don't remember the name probably she was Indian or Pakistani) at check-in was very kind. The room was comfortable and large enough. The view from our windows was quite pleasant looking out beyond the roof of the station. So far so good but... The bathroom seemed ok at first look but we've noted evident stains on the bath-towel, considering the hotel category it should not happen. The bathroom cleaning was very poor in the days following. The bath-tub was very slippery inside and I hurt my leg slipping when I exited, but I decided not to complain about this.
Also considering we were close to Christmas we would have expected a greater joy by the staff, no hello, no smile when we entered/went out the hotel (excepting for the same girl we already met at the check-in) and we felt a bit aliens. The departure has been very formal, no questions about the stay and not more than a hello has been received. Surely these are not the Vibe standards.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback from your stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. Please accept my apology that the cleaning of the bathroom was not to standard, and I have since provided your feedback to the housekeeping department to ensure more attention is done in this area. If you would like to contact me at the hotel to discuss your stay in more detail, please feel free to do so.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel is centeally located.The southern coss station is very nearby to the hotel.tram stoppage is also very near to the hotel.But the disadvantage is that the room size is very small.The hotel staffs are courtius.The breakfast buffet is nice one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your "amazing" review from your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. We look forward to being able to accommodate you again when next in Melbourne.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location - directly across from Southern Cross station and public transport available everywhere close by and not able to be heard in the room.
The room and bathroom was very clean, the bed very comfortable and plenty of tea and coffee provided.
The only down side was I had asked specifically for a room without an adjoining room because I had read on tripadvisor that there was a problem with noise from an adjoining room. I did have an adjoining room regardless of my request and had the 'pleasure' of hearing the people in the adjoining room having sex.
I would stay here next time I am in Melbourne, however I will not stay in aroom with an adjoining room again and would bring it to reception attention immediately and request a room change.

Room Tip: make sure you request a room WITHOUT an adjoining room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RobinaorRobyn

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotels location. My apology for not allocating the room of your request, and have since updated your hotel profile to ensure you are allocated into your preferred room location.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The location of the hotel is very good as it is centrally located.My husband and I stayad here for three nights in December 2012.The room size is very small,though it has comfortable amenities. The hotel is very near to the southern cross railway station and also tram stop is very nearby.This is the best hotel in Melbourne to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We appreciate your support and look forward to being able to accommodate you again when next in Melbourne.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

my husband and i stayed here for 3 nights in january 2013. it is not like the photos, walls were marked and dirty, old stains on the carpets and pillows, the room was the smallest i have ever been in, we were kept awake all night by the loud bangs the doors make when people go in and out of there rooms. you cannot close the door without it making a loud noise no matter how softly you do it. the water in the shower would go from cold to burning hot, i felt like i was in a dodgy 1 star hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. Please accept my apology for the experience you had at the hotel. I have since addressed your housekeeping concerns with the team to ensure all rooms are presented immaculately. I have investigated the water temperature concerns and did not find any other inconsistencies in other rooms, however we will continue to monitor this.
Once again thank you for your feedback and trust you will choose to stay with us when next in Melbourne.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel should be rated 5 stars, vs. 4. It's literally steps away from both the Southern Cross train station and tram transportation in beautiful Melbourne, Australia, making it very centrally located. The hotel is modern, South Beach (Miami)-like. Our room was HUGE with very comfortable amenities. We did not have the buffet breakfast, but it was a great deal considering restaurant pricing in Melbourne. I can say the same for the lunch specials. The staff was very friendly and stored our luggage safely while we toured the town. They advised us of the free Tram and Visitor Shuttle which are both narrated, so provide a great tour at NO cost to you. We were in town for the Australian Open so even had the opportunity to see a few players at this hotel as they stay here as well. We could not have asked for a better experience while in Melbourne and should we ever return, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank socialanav
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide some great feedback about your experience at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I am pleased to hear your stay was so wonderful and I will be passing on this great feedback to the team this morning.
Safe onward journeys and we hope to see you in Melbourne again in the near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Vibe Savoy is one of my favourite Melbourne hotels - it is consistently great and represents excellent value for money. The hotel is situated opposite Southern Cross Station which makes it easy to travel around Melbourne by train, it is also within easy walking distance of Etihad Stadium, Collins Street and Southbank.

The rooms are clean, well-presented and comfortable. The bathroom facilities are fairly basic, but adequate and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful.

While it may not be the most luxurious or spectacular hotel in Melbourne, it is consistent, well-priced and I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pseudonym5

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. It was pleasing to hear you enjoyed your stay once again and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.