Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$130
$123
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$165
  • Breakfast included
$87
  • Bar/Lounge
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$157
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$201
$125
  • Room Service
$69
$67
  • Fitness center
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$170
$126
  • Room Service
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$137
$113
  • Fitness center
$290
$232
$230
$184
3,995 results
All reviewssouthern cross stationgreat locationskybus terminalsky busetihad stadiumspencer streetpublic transportfree tramseasy accessbuffet breakfastroom servicevalet parkingwould stay againpleasant staycrown casinocentral locationbed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2012

After a long flight and had my connecting flight delayed for several hours, I arrived at the hotel exhausted around 9.30am. As soon as we step into the lobby, we were welcomed and warmly greeted with a big smile from the front staff. I could not feel my exhaustion anymore. The front service was excellent, and in particular I should single out, Handy Limms. He was attentive and friendly without being overbearing as a duty manager. As we approached him, we asked him whether our room is ready. He said, I could try your luck!. After I filled out the guest registration card, he looked at us without a smile. At first, I thought that we had a bad luck 9 hours ago, we could have another one. He then surprised us with saying 'Your room is ready'. The moment he say that we feel relieved and treated like extra extra special.

We spent two nights here in early October 2012. The room furniture has the old charm. The price was reasonable. Concierge, Glen, extremely helpful and courteous. Great sense of history and luxury. He gave us perfect experience of Melbourne. The Curve breakfast was great. The Alex bar lunch meal was fantastic, especially with the $10 steak. The hotel has a great and handy location, with handy staff. Yes, handy staff, with staff name call Handy. What a great name.

Overall brilliant service staff, the best in recent memory. All in all perfect, to be repeated.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your great feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I have personally this morning passed on your comments to both Handy and Glen. I can not agree more, they are truely service STARS.
We too look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Vibe Savoy Hotel.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Straight across the road from Spencer St Station and Spencer St shops along with tram to City and St Kilda. Easy walk to Docklands and Ethiad Stadium so in a great location. Rooms and common areas are a bit tired but don't let that put you off as it is very clean and well priced. If you aren't going to be in your room much it doesn't really matter. Bed was comfy and given the location there is no noise from the street. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room so you get a view of the surrounds
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mazla
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. The hotel is commencing a soft refurbishment within the rooms next month, so you will see the furniture modernised without losing its old world charm. We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy it first hand.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed for 8 days. The price was right and the staff excellent and helpful. Some issues with wake up calls but that was minor. Great location. Decor a little old but the clean and spacious rooms made up for it.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Came to the hotel early on a Sunday and my room was ready for me two hours early. Great room, loads of space and faced out to Southern Cross. An absolutely excellent location and breakfast buffet every morning was fantastic. Such nice staff in the buffet who showed me around and greeted me every morning with a smile. Checkout was easy and overall it was just a very lovely place to stay. Will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Monniecakes

Thank you for your great feedback from your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. The team where thrilled to hear you enjoyed our great service and hotel.
We too look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

No greeting and very bad service at checkin desk. Room small but clean. Bathroom also very small with shower located above bath. NOTE care needs to be taken stepping out of bath if floor is wet! Ok for one night but would not stay here for any length of time.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I was disappointed to hear your check in experience was not good. I have since addressed this with the Team.