“Handy location”

Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #61 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed two nights on business at end of April. Hotel is in great location. Room I had was on level 5. Very clean rooms but small. Quality of food from room service was excellent. Staff friendly and helpful. Would be happy to stay again but only for 1/2 nights because of room size.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Bob6282
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. We are pleased the hotels location was good for you and you enjoyed the great room service menu we have on offer. The hotels room size can vary slightly, so I have taken the liberty of updating your profile to ensure you are allocated into a larger room upon your next return.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here on a weekender to Melbourne. Close to spencer street station and Etihad football stadium. We paid $230 for per night for a Friday and Saturday night and the room was clean and modern. Staff friendly and helpfully would stay again.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Darren W

Thank you for the great feedback from your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. The hotels location to major Melbourne sites such as Etihad Stadium, Melbourne Aquarium and Crown Entertainment Complex makes the hotel the idea place to stay.
We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I chose this hotel because it is located directly across the street from the Southern Cross Railway station. We flew into Melbourne from Cairns, took the shuttle to the train station (easy) and left Melbourne for Sydney via train. Besides being convenient to public transportation, the hotel was really beautiful. The staff was very helpful and friendly especially when trying to get a tour to Cape Otway. They have a fully stocked fridge (expensive of course) in the room but there is an IGA just around the corner where you can buy snacks, fruit, and alcohol. The room was clean and neat the the bed was good. If you pay in advance, they will reduce the rate, but it is non-refundable if you cancel. Contact them directly for reservations to get best rate.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorena G

I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. The convenience of the sky bus that drops you at the door of the hotel is a great advantage of staying at the hotel. I appreciate your positive comments on the hotels guest service, as we continue to strive towards excelling in this area of our business.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

First impression was a worry - we walked in at midnight with everyone enjoying the bar (immensely enjoying!) but the staff were quick to check us in and once in the lift and our room, the hotel was quiet. None of the downstairs noise could be heard! Great location - 5km drive to Lygon St and even closer to the Queen Victoria Markets, and there's a train station about 400m walk away. We ordered breakfast the first morning and it was amazing - definitely not "hotel food"! My partner has a strict diet and in making his omelette they met his requirements perfectly. We were very impressed, and would definitely stay at the Vibe again - friendly & efficient staff, amazing food, great location! Good value for the money spent (and not overly expensive either!)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great feedback from your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. I was pleased to hear we managed to meet your partners dietary requirements. The hotel is very proud of its room service menu and your comments are very much appreciated.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Excellent hotel great rooms reasonable price. fast efficient check with a smile. will always come back as long as it doesnt get too expensive

Room Tip: level 10 city views
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. The hotels location and great prices we offer make us an obvious choice for accommodation in Melbourne.
We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. I was a bit nervous since when I booked the reviews here were quite positive but had turned rather nasty around the time I left for Melbourne. However, I had nothing at all to worry about.I stayed in room 812 which had a nice view of Etihad stadium and busy Spencer Street. The king sized bed was comfortable, he shower pressure was good, although the shower was a little bit cramped, and the place was quite well decorated. The staff were friendly and efficient. There were some minor issues, (like the lack of a toaster) but these I think are overcome by the Vibes's proximity to Etihad, Crown Casino, the Convention Centre and Southern Cross Station. Overall, I looked forward to getting back to my room of an afternoon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Rob A
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the hotels location and the great services we provided you.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at his hotel just after it opened as Vibe Savoy many years ago, it didn't leave me thinking that I wanted to rush back but I found a good last minute deal ($125 inc Full Buffet Breakfast and Late Checkout) and decided to try it again. I was not disappointed. It was a pleasant and stress free experience from check-in to check-out. I contacted the Hotel a couple of times prior to my stay (about Parking), the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Valet Parking is $30 for a 24hr period, in all honesty I didn't end up using the Hotel Car Park, I actually parked at Crown Casino, jumped on a tram (make sure you buy a ticket) outside Crown and jumped off outside the Hotel which is directly across from Southern Cross Station (perfect if your coming by train). I walked into the Hotel which is Art Deco style, it was very clean and furnished nicely in that style as was my Room. Customer Service from the Front Desk to the Restaurant and Bar Staff was Efficient and Friendly. The Buffet Breakfast was great, all the usual hot food plus pastries and even pancakes, my only complaint would be it could have been a bit hotter.
They have a sitting area outside their Bar which was lovely on a nice day, and a Happy Hour with some hot Finger Food
A great Location if your coming in by train, 10-15min walk to Crown Casino, Trams right outside the Hotel which take you into the Shopping District or a 15-20 min walk.
In summary, this is a really nice hotel with very good staff in a fairly central location.
And I look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: Cheap, secure parking at Crown Casino.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rob246900

Thank you for your great comments about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.