WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #51 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Hobart
“Central to transport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Requested a room near friends and had adjoining rooms with no way to lock the doors between, but the handle fell off anyway. On arrival, a broken chair and hair on the bathroom floor in one room and old soap in the second room. Was difficult to watch TV as the volume was so low, and unable to change it. Staff friendly, foyer impressive. Comfortable bed, good night sleep, quieter end of town. Price very cheap. I find it a big let down to have a room not cleaned properly before arrival, notified staff who say sorry, BUT these are small things that could have been avoided and would have made our overall rating higher.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne. I apologise for some of the concerns you had during your stay. We have passed on your comments to the maintenance department to address immediately.
We are pleased however that you did enjoy the great location the hotel does have to all conveniences.
Once again thank you for the feedback and we look forward to accommodating you again when next in Melbourne
Brett Walker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Lovely hotel, decor beautiful, crisp clean linen. Our room was lovely and quiet and I particularly liked the little touches of magazines for my husband and I to read whilst staying there. The bed was really spacious but the pillows could have been more comfortable.
We had fabulous breakfast and all in all, with the exception of the pillows, I would say it was near perfect and I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quiet room, I definately recommend the 11th floor. Lovely room!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne. Your positive comments have been passed onto our Team.
We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay and look forward to being able to accommodate you again when next in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Great location for the exhibition center, nice breakfast and staff

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne.
The Team was pleased you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your positive comments.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

Located straight across from the Southern Cross train terminal, and where the airport bus gets in to central Melbourne, it is well placed. The lobby is nice and staff at reception friendly. Our room on first appearance was nice and large, I've been in much smaller in Melbourne! However it was missing atmosphere and was a bit tired. It was also dark and gloomy, as the outlook is into the centre of the hotel, and being 6 floors up was out onto nothing, so the blinds were constantly shut.
The downstairs bar also felt like the room and lacked atmosphere, fine if you just want a functional drink. We also went to eat in the restaurant, but it was shut on the weekend day we tried, looked nice through the glass doors though!
Would try somewhere else before staying again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased you enjoyed the location of the hotel and our hotel lobby.
If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Location was good across the road from Southern Cross station, walk to city centre, casino, river, and tram stops.
I went in a group of 3, with a Queen Room and a Twin Room. The Queen Room was fairly spacious and comfortable but not very impressive in terms of furnishing and fittings. The twin room was small and cramped and cost the same as the Queen Room. The bed could not be seperated due to the bed head configuration and Queen size fitted sheet which made awkward sleeping arrangements for 2 friends.
A lot of noise came through the walls, could hear conversation from room next door.
Service was poor. No staff attempted to assist us (3 'young ladies') as we struggled with our luggage through the lobby. Had to wait for staff to finish their conversation before we were served at reception. Not what I was expecting at a 4 1/2 * hotel!

Room Tip: Might as well get a Queen room rather then a Twin. Twin is still same bed but in a smaller room!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
vhsm, Manager at Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
I am disappointed the service my team provided you and your friends was poor, and I have personally addressed your concerns with my team.
I trust this experience did not tarnish your overall view of the Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne, and we look forward to being able to accommodate you in the future.
melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed there for one night just for abit of peace and quiet time by myself, so I chose to stay in a standard room only. Certainly not expecting a big room or anything glamorous, I undertand the concept of 'you get what you pay for' when it comes to accommodation of any style. I was most disappointed with the lack of maintenance and cleanliness level of the room. There were stains on walls, cabinet doors, back of doors, around door handles, curtains, bedside tables, etc. These were removable stains, so housekeeping was not too fussy with their cheaper rooms. The television reception was so poor that there was constant static noise from it. What I was happy with was the comfortable bed and pillows! I also found the old fashioned air-conditioning control panel to be very practical and easy to operate. The overall temperature was terrific for the entire night. Warm when it was supposed to be warm and cool when I needed it to be cool! Breakfast in the morning was another disappointment. I remember having a wonderful buffet breakfast there previous to the Vibe group had taken on management..This time was awful. From having to queue up for a self serve cup of coffee or tea, to the not so appetising spread of savouries being offered. The restaurant was tired and unkept, it was a real shame. This hotel has such potential, with its art deco features and beautiful marble bathrooms. I would only return if the hotel has a good clean-up and face-lift! Whenever this may be...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I have personally communicated your comments onto the relevant departments to address these concerns immediately.
We really do appreciate your feedback, that allows us to provide a better experience for future guests.
We trust your stay has not tarnished your overall view of the hotel, and look forward to being able to welcoming you back.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I recently stayed in Melbourne with my daughter for a few days of retail therapy. What impressed me most about Vibe was the location and convenience to Southern Cross train station, where we were dropped by Sky Bus which was our choice of transportation from the airport ($26 return), it was just a matter of crossing the road. The room was spacious and great value for money with flat screen tv, modern, art deco decor. We requested a room with a nice view and were happy to get one looking out to the street, train station and Docklands, the afternoon sun came in it was lovely. The only complaint I would have was the shower head needed replacing and pillows were a little flat. The staff were very relaxed
and friendly. It was very cold outdoors but the heating was excellent in the room with no noise.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank thankyoubali
Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay at the Vibe Savoy Hotel Melbourne. We are pleased you enjoyed the convenience of the hotels location and it suited your needs.
We look forward to being able to welcoming you back