Mine was a two night work related stay. The location is a plus for those needing to be close to the Children's Hospital or near Melbourne University. The city is a short tram ride away or a 30 min walk. Nearby is the North Melbourne village with a good range of cafes, restaurant and bars.
The hotel is what one would expect of a 3.5 star (but not a 4 star) with all the necessary basic facilities but nothing extra. In the first room I stayed in the TV did not have ABC or SBS reception and the radio did not work. The staff were responsive and moved me to another room. Overall the staff were very helpful. I am puzzled that hotels often don't check rooms for maintenance purposes.
The breakfast buffet was included and was OK but I would not pay extra for it. In the end you get what you pay for - for the price point the Mercure is fine for a short stay but don't expect a 4 star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure North Melbourne is located on the edge of the CBD, just a short tram ride from the city of Melbourne. All of Melbourne's attractions are within easy access. The hotel offers 70 contemporary & comfortable rooms and suites, with King, Queen, Twin accommodation options available, all with en-suite bathrooms, LCD TV, Foxtel, Internet access, Fridge with mini bar, tea & coffee making facilities. The hotel has a small plunge pool, and offers complimentary access to local private gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Mercure North Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges North Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Rydges North Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Rydges North Hotel