Rydges Melbourne Hotel
$210
$199
$182
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$182
$157
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Melbourne(Melbourne)
$204
$176
Westin.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotel Windsor
  • Restaurant
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
$148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$132
$91
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$184
$104
  • Room Service
$251
$161
Agoda.com
2,525 results
All reviewsqueen spa suitelocanda restaurantexhibition streether majesty's theatrerooftop poolbuffet breakfastclose to china townlate checkoutan upgradebed was very comfortablebourke streetcar parkinglocation is excellentcentral locationcbdmcgcheckin
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I stayed at Rydges for a work conference for 4 nights. I think the hotel has had a renovation and it looked great from the reception area right through to the rooms themselves. Very luxurious and comfortable. The room had a flat screen TV wall mounted and the king size bed was the most comfortable bed that I have EVER slept in - the pillows were also of the same calibre. The only minus in this room is the miniscule bathroom - I could barely turn around in it and clearly this room is not designed for anyone who is carrying toiletries. It was a bit of a balancing act putting on my makeup in the morning. Although the room was immaculately clean there was pubic hair in the bathroom which is a pretty gross. The location is fantastic - only a 5 minute walk to the major department stores and surrounded by endless options for restaurants and bars. I would stay here again as the bed was so fantastic it outweighed the miniscule bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank caite64
David_Bornmann, David Bornmann General Manager at Rydges Melbourne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2009

It was pleasing to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the experience was a good one albeit the size of the bathroom proved inconvenient for a 4 day stay. My apologies that there was a hair left in the bathroom, housekeeping should have picked this up when cleaning and was obviously an oversight.

Hopefully you will return for leisure with so much to to do in Melbourne in the coming months.

Kind regards

General Manager.

Reviewed August 2, 2009

We stayed at the Rydges on a Saturday night, this was our second time at this hotel, the first time was in a Queen room, which was good, pretty standard, but we enjoyed it as the location is fantastic, if you are a local or a tourist you cannot go wrong with the location, our recent visit we requested an upgrade and were allocated a King Room with City Views, I can recommed the upgrade as these floors really have a better standard than the lower floors, we were on the 19th floor, facing directly over Exhibition St, the room was fantastic, a great size if you were travelling with a child even, the bathrooms are small and the toilets are in the wrong spot, but what could you expect from a hotel room. We live in Melbourne so this was a night out, I have to admit the location is superb, we walked everywhere, even to the Crown Casino, I would deffinately recommend breakfast at the Hotel Restaurant Locanda, buffet breakfast there is reasonably priced and delicious. It's a shame that parking isn't included in the rate of the room, it's and extra $15 at the end of the stay. I would deffiniately recommend this hotel for it's location, but ask for the upgrade it's worth it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kgabeli

It was appreciated that your stay at the hotel in a King Room was comfortable and you enjoyed the great location at Rydges Melbourne. The King room bathrooms can be a bit small for people, howver the room it self is quite spacious and great views over Melbourne.

The Rise Breakfast is designed to offer freshness and a good variety, including smoothies, omelletes cooked to order and a range of fruits and breads. Unfortunately the carpark is not managed by the hotel, carparking is leased to Wilsons and $15 is the best deal we can do per exit for house guests. Some packages we have do include parking from time to time.

Hope we see you back in Melbourne in the future, there are some great shows coming combined with the AFL footy finals not too far away!

Kind regards

Reviewed July 23, 2009

The room was shabby and worn out. Carpet bleach and stained
Sofa fabric worn out and stained
Curtains did not span entire window (big gap) therefore light came though in the mornining.
Shower tap came off in hand.
Spa very small and has been incorreclty installed. The wide end which you would lie up againts has the taps!
The music in the Bar downstairs could be heard in the room clearly.
No wireless internet in room. Expedia states rooms have this service!
Poor TV reception

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HazSim
David_Bornmann, David Bornmann General Manager at Rydges Melbourne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2009

It was disapointing to read your feedback on the room and your experience at the hotel, it certainly will be discussed with the maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure they improve their attention to detail prior to trooms being made available to guests - in particular TV reception and shower tapware.

There is some hope that there will be some soft refurbishment of the suites to improve the other areas mentioned in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2009

I stayed at the Rydges Melbourne for 4 nights. First of all, the location of this hotel is very good for exploring the city. It is located on Exhibition Street in a relatively quiet area of the central business district. Some people may appreciate the quiet of the area, however I prefer a more central and happening area of the city such as the area around Collins and Swanston Streets.

The entrance to the hotel is fairly uninspiring. There is no undercover driveway to the front doors, only the curbside, and nobody to greet you at the entrance to take your bags. There is no bell service at this hotel at all from what I could gather. Yes I understand this hotel is 4.5 star, but I would have assumed that extra .5 of a star included some of the trimmings of your typical 5. Besides that, check in staff was friendly and helpful.

My room was located on the 12th floor of the hotel down the end of a very dated and dimly lit hallway. It was an executive king room which apparently is quite a lot larger than the standard ones. Having said that, it was not overly spacious and the bathroom was very compact. I was thankful I chose to upgrade. The room looked out over the Parliament House of Victoria and St Patrick's Cathedral and was very picturesque. The bed was comfortable however it seemed they had used queen sized sheets on the king bed and therefore the ends were not tucked in. I occasionally found myself sleeping on bare mattress during the night. Not very nice.

Breakfast at Locanda Restaurant was generally good though inconsistent in quality. The first morning we ate at the buffet the food quality was dire. The eggs were watery, bacon was greasy and hash browns were soggy. Over the next two mornings the quality had improved quite a bit and the food was very enjoyable however on the fourth morning, the quality seemed to drop again. Perhaps there was a change in chefs during our stay, I’m really not sure.

Room service was of good standard and was thoroughly enjoyed. I highly recommend the ricotta ravioli with roasted pumpkin, sage and toasted pine nuts in burnt butter sauce as well as the chocolate semifreddo with pistachio crust. It made for a fantastic meal.

Overall this kind of hotel is not really my cup of tea. Though it represents a good value for Melbourne I personally would rather pay a little extra for the higher levels of service and care you get at a 5 star hotel. Even for a 4.5 star, Rydges has room to improve.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
David_Bornmann, David Bornmann General Manager at Rydges Melbourne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2009

It was disapointing to read your experience at Rydges Melbourne was not to your satisfaction. There was some obvious shortcomings with attention to detail such as the sheets on the bed being incorrect, unfortunate human error thay should have been picked up when making the bed.

Locanda breakfast is generally of a good standard, i generally inspect it personally daily, the size of the shaffing dishes are designed to ensure a more frequent turn over with fresh produce, unfortunately if the covers are not high, there can be a tendancy for teh hash brown to go soggy and the bacon to become oily, however the team should also be checking this more regularly.

Location is quite subjective, although it is not in the bustle of Swanston street and the china town precinct, being in the heart of the theatre precinct and some of Melbourne's award winning restaurants and boutique bars is also seen as a great advantage for different demographics.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback and this will be distributed to the team.

Reviewed June 30, 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Rydges Melbourne for 6 night just last week. We flew in very early and because I'm a Rydges priority guest I had already been checked in so arriving at 7am was no trouble getting into our room. We chose to upgrade to queen spa suite on the 6th level. We found it very spacious and the bed was lovely. The room had some little issues but they didn't bother us really like the reception on both televisions was not perfect and the taps in the bathroom were quite loose and sometimes fell off in the shower which made me laugh because of the loud clangs hahaha.

The ladies at reception were very friendly when assisting us with directions to the gym and organising our Skybus hotel shuttle. I also had the chance to dine at the Locanda restaurant, the meals were very nice and the chocolate semifreddo for desert is so yummy. If you can get up early the buffet breakfast is really good with a combination of hot and cold as well the is chef willing to cook your eggs how you want them or make you pancakes.

The location is awesome located a short stroll from Bourke Street you can basically catch a tram anywhere or even just walk up to La Trobe street and catch the Free City tram. But your pretty much within walking distance from everything you'll need with the local woolworths just a couple streets down.

I've read other reviews about garbage truck noise in the mornings and I didn't seem to have that problem and we were on the 6th floor looking out onto Little Bourke street. Maybe we were deep sleepers but it didn't affect us.

Overall I'd say being a Rydges priority guest is definitely worth it especially if you can snap up the great special rates. This hotel supplied a very comfortable stay and I'll definitely be returning hear in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank otigan
David_Bornmann, David Bornmann General Manager at Rydges Melbourne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2009

Thank you for sharing your experience at Rydges Melbourne, it was pleasing to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, with the service at front desk and the Locanda cuisine.

Melbourne has plenty to offer, and we certainly appreciate the great location we have to enable our guests to access these locations with ease. We're particulary excited about all the great shows coming to Melbourne such as Jersey Boys and Chicago that is literally across the road from the hotel!

I hope we see you back in Melbourne again in the future.

Sincerely