Rydges Melbourne Hotel
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$179
$155
CrownePlaza.com
$86
$82
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$101
$82
  • Room Service
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$219
$136
  • Room Service
Mantra Southbank Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$141
$135
  • Restaurant
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$71
$236
$234
$189
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Breakfast included
2,452 results
All reviewsqueen spa suitelocanda restaurantexhibition streether majesty's theatrerooftop poolbuffet breakfastclose to china townlate checkoutan upgradebed was very comfortablebourke streetcar parkinglocation is excellentcentral locationcbdmcgcheckin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Room rates here vary massively and I have stayed here many times when they are not at a premium. The suites start from just over $200 p/n which is really good value and most seem to have been refurbished recently. I haven't stayed in the standard rooms as the price difference when I have used this place has always been around $30-40 p/n. The bar here is good and attracts a number of people for pre theatre drinks which helps give it some atmosphere. The lunch (bar) menu is reasonable but the dinner menu seems overpriced. There are lots of fantastic places to eat in Melbourne so would suggest stepping outside the hotel for food and experiencing Melbourne. Some fantastic restaurants around the lane ways.
Hotel staff are helpful and really friendly. Nice Lobby with a fireplace and sofas for those colder months. I would recommend the higher floors and away from the bins as they seem to get emptied around 4am which can be a painful if you end up on the wrong side of the building. Breakfast is really good if you can get it included in the room rate otherwise again I'd step outside the hotel and try the local options given the price.

Room Tip: Join their priority club. It's free and gives you an instant 10% discount. It also entitles you to a free welcome drink.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mike m
Lisa_Parker_Rydges, Executive Assistant Manager at Rydges Melbourne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thanks for your review. It's great to see you are a regular guest having stayed in our refurbished suites. The room rates do vary depending on room availability and special events in the city. I'm pleased you see value for money in our suite prices.
Our food and beverage offerings are of high standard to compete with our neighbours. You will find our dinner menu includes the best local produce available but still offers great value for money. You can't go past the breakfast buffet with such a large variety of healthy and indulgent options.
I'm pleased you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.
We have changed our rubbish collection time to 6am to minimise sleep disruption to our guests.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The main accommodation is in a tower block but there are some newly refurbished "suites" in a low rise block alongside. Unfortunately these are nearer street level an suffer from the noises in the laneway alongside, specially traffic and garbage trucks emptying bottles.

My stay in room 303 was further marred by noise from large air conditioners and light from large spotlights illuminating the building coming though curtains which did not fully close.

Earplugs and an airline sleeping mask helped but did not enhance my "upgrade", give me the higher floors anytime.

Room Tip: Avoid suites floor 9 or lower for less noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Brian P

Oh dear! It seems we did not meet your expectations on this visit. I apologise for any inconvenience caused to you as a result of the room provided on your last stay.
I hope we can entice you back to the suites on a higher level at another time.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Arrived at the hotel and as parking was part of the 2 night package, parked in the underground parking next door. The parking spots are tiny. (The spots are the same size as your vehicle-no room to open the door to get out!) The parking attendant had to move the vehicle next to my allocated spot just so I could squeeze my mid sized Honda in. Went up to reception and was noticed after 30 seconds by the sullen receptionist. No smile or genuine greeting. Went up to the room. Rooms are tired looking. Stained carpets, windows so dirty could hardly see out. Bathroom floors dusty and had balls of hair in 2 corners. Bathroom was tiny. Very low water pressure in shower so would have been difficult to wash hair if had stayed longer. Swimming pool and gym were closed for renovations.
After seeing the sights of beautiful Melbourne, came back later to more friendly receptionist. Had a meal at their restaurant. WOW.....amazing food and service. I would come to Melbourne just for the ambience , beautiful professional meal and amazing friendly service. Try the grilled salmon.(shame the hotel wasn't this fantastic). Buffet breakfast in the restaurant was a wonderful 5 star assortment of cereals, breads, fruit, cooked eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns (yum!). Get in early for brekky its worth it!

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor for the great views of Melbourne.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cosmicgirl1

Thank you for your review. It seems we were a little "hit and miss" during your recent visit.
I'm surprised you experienced a sullen front office employee as our staff are all well known for being super friendly and helpful. I'm pleased the second receptionist you encountered was an improvement. I've passed on your feedback to our Executive Housekeeper and Maintenance Manager for their attention.
Thank goodnes you visited our restaurant and had a fantastic experience. Our chef and restaurant manager pride themselves on the quality of food and service offered. In a competitive Melbourne market, we feel we offer great value for money.
I do hope we are able to lure you back to one of our recently refurbished suites.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Ok Hotel but not stunning. Rooms are old but ok. Wifi and TV good. Bath old but clean. Bed too soft. Breakfast very nice, although good coffee costs extra...................................................................................

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your feedback!
I'm glad your stay with us was satisfactory. The breakfast buffet is fantastic, offering a wide variety of healthy and indulgent goodies. I'm sorry you found the bed too soft. Our dream beds usually generate very positive reviews.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

we were really impressed by your friendly and helpful staff. We were a little disappinted in housekeeping though. The first day was fine but as our stay progressed we found each day when we returned coffee cups hadnt been cleared or replace. I realise that we were travelling with two children and an overall cleaning of the room may have been more challenging but felt that dirty cups and spoons could have been refreshed each day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I haI am pleased your family holiday was enhanced by our friendly and helpful staff. I have passed on your comments to our Housekeeping Manager for his immediate attention and apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.