Rydges Melbourne Hotel
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$110
$86
Radisson
$193
  • Pool
Alto Hotel on Bourke(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$108
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$269
$206
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$169
$142
  • Breakfast included
Melbourne Marriott Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$145
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$162
$96
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$107
  • Fitness center
2,552 results
All reviewsqueen spa suitelocanda restaurantexhibition streether majesty's theatrerooftop poolbuffet breakfastclose to china townlate checkoutan upgradecomfy bedbourke streetcar parkinglocation is excellentcentral locationcbdmcgcheckin
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our company regularly uses the Rydges hotels for corporate travel and this hotel has always rated as one of the best ones and I can see why.
I arrived on very short notice to stay for 2 nights recently.
The hotel staff were a little scruffy at reception (shirts open a little too far) and I had to wait a good 10mins to check in as they were changing the toner in the printer!
Apart from that, the room I eventually received was exceptional.
Very spacious, quiet, comfortable, clean etc...
Room service was prompt but food when it arrived was a little cool, and it took me a whole day to find the fridge!
The complimentary water sitting by the bed was a lovely touch.
The hotel location is in an excellent location to use the free tram around the city circle, and there is car parking on-site (I did not use).
Upon check out I was asked if I enjoyed the pool... pool? What pool? Apparently there is a roof top pool. That would have been good to know in 35C heat!
Also, I asked the girl at reception to book me a shuttle and not only did she not know what a shuttle was, but when she figured it out she booked me on one that would have got me to the airport too late for my international flight!
Luckily I was able to hold me bag there until late afternoon and I checked the time to the airport with someone else who then promptly ordered a taxi for me.
My overall impression of this hotel is very good, although I think there is a training issue with staff when it comes to local information and presentation (did I mention the staff member chewing gum behind the reception desk or the un-ironed shirts?)

Room Tip: Book your own travel arrangement to/from the hotel & try & find the pool... I didn't know they had one!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I bought the CityHigh package for a great price for my boyfriend's birthday and we had a great stay on the weekend. Although the staff weren't overly friendly, the complimentary parking was straightforward and we checked in straightaway. We really liked our Deluxe Queen Room - it was a good size and the armchair was a good alternative than having to sit on the bed all the time to watch tv/read the newspaper. The aircon was a godsend (and not that noisy!) given the hot weather and the curtains shut out the light brilliantly (so much so, that we napped on the Sunday until midday!). The bathroom was a little small but as there are two additional mirrors (incl a full length one) in the main room, this wasn't an issue in getting ready for example. We had a great couple of hours by the pool but agree with a previous reviewer that it's a shame we couldn't enjoy a drink up there given the no-glass rule. The included 2 course dinner was really nice, as was the complimentary bottle of house red, but the service was very poor. Gave us something to have a giggle about but given the lovely romantic location, it did take away from the experience. Bed was incredible comfortable, buffet breakfast was amazing and we really appreciated the late checkout of 1pm. Brilliant location and perfect to complement our White Night adventures in the city.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 22nd floor and the aircon unit wasn't noisy. We had a room a decent distance from the lift so no noise from other guests. Sounds like the spa suites are not as good value as the deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was extremley dissapointed with the room. Was not good value for money. Website advertises it alot better than it actually is. I stayed in the queen spa suit and website advertises it as huge room with spabath. The room was tiny and really dissapointing. I have stayed at this hotel before in a standard room and the quality of that room was alot better. Really dissapointed i wasted my money

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Although the hotel is near the tram, it's already close to everything - business facilities, food, shopping and the theatre. Queen Victoria Markets and chinatown areboth nearby.

The rooms are small, but the beds are VERY comfortable. I stayed in a deluxe queen room, which is probably bottom range but was still well appointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great place to stay, cleanliness of the rooms was to a high standard. Bathrooms are fairly squishy but not bothered by it. Great location as it was so easy to get anywhere within the city.
Overall had a great stay and made the weekend for my partner and I that much more special.

Room Tip: Just had a basic queen room had asked for a higher floor as the view is better higher up.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple