“Staff enthusiasm is very noticeable”

Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
Ranked #9 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
Canberra
“Staff enthusiasm is very noticeable”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We combined a long weekend with my husband's business in the city. From first arrival we were made very welcome. The room is well appointed and the bathroom has been cleverly updated recently. It's located on a convenient tram route to the city within easy walk of Queen Victoria Market. Breakfast is first class with the full range to suit anyone. Eggs are cooked to your specifications. Best of all it was very quiet and the wifi actually does work and is easily available.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

It is pleasing to read that you and your husband had an enjoyable stay at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Steve Finlayson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed her with my girlfriend last week and had a great time. She was happy that there was a bathtub and I was satisfied with the free wi-fi. Great breakfast buffet and friendly staff. Will definitely stay again.

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this site.

We're delighted to read that you both had an enjoyable stay at the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed at the Radison for a night out in Melbourne with two other couples. The hotel is well appointed with an excellent bar / HQ restaurant and very comfortable beds. We had a garden view room which overlooked the Flagstaff gardens. The room was very serviceable, very good bathroom with a rain shower. There is no parking on site but the hotel has an arrangement with Wilson parking in A'Beckett street which is only about 100 metres away and the hotel will validate your ticket at a rate of $15.

Only negatives were that the street noise could be heard from our room, which was surprising as we were on the sixth floor and the windows could do with a clean as this would enhance the view towards Docklands.

All in all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We're delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I loved my stay at the Radisson! I got the room on a cheap deal so wasn't expecting much but ended up in a great room with a view of the Gardens. The service was exceptional, some of the best I've had. My only complaint is that the AC is pretty loud so light sleepers may want to avoid.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel.

We also appreciate your additional feedback regarding the AC and have shared your comments with our Maintenance Manager for review.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been so many diffrent hotels in diffrent places, this one is trully one of the best!
It is really an awesome choice to stay there, feel very welcomed sinece the moment I steped in the lobby, very nice and frendly Concierge, front desk are very professional,especially a young gentleman Arron? I think thats his name. The best thing I like it is free Wifi, thats very importamt for a business traveller like me! The duty manager Mirisha is very nice to eroll me as a Club Carlson member, which is so importat for my later on stay, cuz I can get a lot of benefits :)
Nice room, it's not the best I have ever seen, but it is really good enough for a lot travellers like me, very clean and quiet. And I dont like to do a lot of outdoor exercise which give me a chance to visit their Gym, not too big but you can get almost everything you need. The only thing I think they can do better is just make sure the SPA water is always warm enough, I know its a little hard sometme.
Im not the one who can wake up early for breakfast, while lucky thing is the breakfast will be served till 10:30 and 11:00(weekend). Really want say thank you to Chris from restaurant, always make my breakfast beautiful, nice service, nice food, let me have a good start of my busy day!
This is the only one where I can print my boarding pass and other documents free and enjoy their Business Center enternet and every thing there for free, but some time the printer doesnt work so well, may be because a lot of guest like me?? Hope do something for that.
If you stay there, make sure you go the HQ's bar and find a guy called Peter, he make the best cocktail, and denifitely a funny guy, I always pay him a visit after work everyday.
Flagstaff Garden just right cross the street, 5 minutes walk to Victoria Markt, easy for me to get some fresh fruit everyday and some gift for my families. Also pretty close to free circle tram which make it easy for my totravel within the city.
All in all, I really had an fantastic experience in that hotel, will keep coming back!

Room Tip: Garden View
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Winstar Y
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Winstar,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

We're pleased to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens.

We hope to welcome you back shortly!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Fantastic service. My stay was pleasant and I look forward to the next time I have to use it again.
The food was of excellent quality as well and I really liked the prompt service I was giving during the check in process.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ben,

We appreciate the time you have taken to post a review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens.

We hope to welcome you back.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My recent stay here was very relaxed and comfortable. Had a clean, safe, well-equipped room overlooking the park. Quiet at night even though you are in the city. Buffet breakfast was more than substantial. Happy hour at the downstairs bar was good value, very nice sparkling wine.
The hotel is situated conveniently between major tourist shopping hot spots.
Overall, a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Becirose
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We're pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.