“Great customer service”

Ranked #9 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane, Australia
“Great customer service”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

All of the staff that we encountered were competent, friendly, professional, and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was clean and comfortable, and the stay was great value for money.The location was great too. Easy to walk to restaurants, although Radisson does have a pretty great restaurant itself.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, May 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us & in particular, our convenient location.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson!

Steve Finlayson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Exceptionally clean and quiet hotel conveniently located across the street from Flagstaff Gardens and within walking distance of the Queen Victoria Market. I flew in after close to 24 hours on a number of planes and was greeted by extremely efficient staff and a beautiful room with crisp white sheets. I tend to rate a hotel room not just by looks but how comfortable the bed is and the bed at this Radisson is very, very comfortable. A lovely fruit platter greeted me on arrival --- bonus points --- and the breakfast buffet laid out during my week stay was fantastic. Bathroom was very clean and large. Only issue was figuring out how to turn power on (green and red switches), but I figured it put eventually :). Us North Americans haven't yet discovered those fantastic power savers!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Merctastic

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

We're pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay & we hope to see you again upon your return to Melbourne.

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Being near the centre of the city is a real plus for a business trip. But to be given the level of friendly greating from an attentive staff whether its at reception or in the restaurant is a great plus. The rooms are well appointed and the bed is comfortable - great choice of pillows. The bathrooms are very spacious, loved the rainhead shower.
If you love a cooked breakfast the restaurant doesn't disappoint with your eggs prepared by a friendly chef and the two days I was there always done as requested.
Well worth putting this hotel on the list of places to stay on business.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Luckywandering
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, May 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights on a holiday. The transfer from airport was convenient via Skybus. Most big tour companies picked us up for day trips from the hotel. The concierge helped us book our tours and helped us with other things like restaurants around the city. The location is good but it's not in the heart of the city, Better as a Business hotel than for tourists (mainly because of location). The rooms were comfortable but better Housekeeping is required, if something fell on the floor, housekeeping team just left it there. Besides that everything else was good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We're pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay & appreciate your additional feedback.

I hope to welcome you back upon your return to Melbourne.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2014

this is one of the best Hotels I have stayed at for the approach of the staff. I spend a great deal of time staying and working in hotels across the world and the people here are amongst the best. The room we had was excellent and we used the restaurant every night of the stay which I unusual for us. A hotel well worth staying at in Melbourne.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

We're pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Melbourne.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I stay here as a business traveller and love the complimentary room upgrade and welcome note. The restaurant staff are fantastic. They are attentive and genuinely interested in their guests. Special shout out to our regular waiter Stephen(Phteven to us). Really enjoy coming home to Raddison Flagstaff Gardens.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, May 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am delighted to read that you continue to enjoy your time at the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again shortly.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I met my sister in law for a weekend in Melbourne and we stayed in a twin room on the 5th floor of the Radisson. The transfer from the airport via skybus was quick and reasonable at $18. Then the free transfer to the hotel from the Skybus terminal was fast and efficient. We had a lovely welcome and the concierge staff couldn't do enough to help us with all our queries. The location is excellent, right by the free circle tram and only 2 km from federation square so we enjoyed the walk home after a large meal! Next to the Queen Victoria Markets probably meant I was dragged a little longer than I would have liked around the markets but being able to drop of the bags so easily and refresh was fantastic. Beds were comfortable and as mentioned before the staff were fantastic. On the last day I missed my free shuttle to the Skybus terminal, so the manager drove me in the Radisson Car with no hesitation. When I said I had better warn my sister in law so she doesn't make the same mistake later he simply said, "That's OK I'll give her a lift too". Wonderful stay and will definitely stay there again for the fabulous location, comfort and service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank HGrummett

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back.