“AMAZING location and even more AMAZING Service!”

Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 20, 2014

A friend and I recently stayed her during a week long trip to Melbourne. This hotel is perfect! The location is great, literally a 1 minute walk to a train station. It's beautiful, not only inside, but it's right across the street from a pretty park. They offer free Wi-fi which every traveler knows is GOLD! The restaurant downstairs is delicious and their breakfast buffet it legit. But by far the best thing about it is the service. Probably the best i've ever experienced.

Bonnie at the front desk was amazing, EXTREMELY helpful, friendly, and clearly enjoyed her job. She offered many suggestions on places to go and eat. Upon departure her and Darryl (one of the managers) were very friendly. Darryl even wrapped up various souvenirs that we were traveling with and helped us with a rental car. They both went above and beyond the level of service. Fantastic folks!
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling to Melbourne.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

We're delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel & in particular, our convenient location.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

The moment we walked in, we were made welcome. The check in, the concierge, the young man who whisked away our car, were all well trained and efficient. It was a most enjoyable stay. The staff keep the place very clean. Everyone is pleasant and well spoken. We did not dine in, but the dining options at the hotel are not varied. So that is a bit of an issue if one is exhausted. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Flagstaff Gardens are the best; the higher the better

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel & have relayed your comments regarding dining options to our Executive Chef.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The staff at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens are exceptional. From the concierge to the check in desk, the restaurant staff to housekeeping, they really made the difference for us and were very service oriented. The rooms are nicely styled with a wonderful walk-in (rain) shower and of course top quality bedding. The free internet was fast and reliable enough and allowed multiple devices. By far not the norm yet in many 5 star hotels. The breakfast was sufficient and had enough choice with a cooking station for freshly made eggs in any style, waffles, etc. The location of the hotel is very good, and especially with kids, being on the edge of Flagstaff Gardens with a large playground, while still on walking distance to Central and the Victoria Markets makes it extra convenient.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We're delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us & in particular, our convenient location.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens was comfortable and met all travelling needs. Dinner and breakfast in restaurant exceeded expectations. All staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. I hope to stay here again.

Room Tip: Construction on building beside wakes one up early in morning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

We're pleased to read that you had a great experience staying with us.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have been staying at the Radisson Flagstaff for 3.5 weeks while working in Melbourne. The staff are great and friendly and really make you feel at home. The rooms are comfy and the beds soft, much needed after often long stressful days. You are always greeted with a happy smiley face.
The restaurant food and staff are great too, food is yummy and the staff also make you feel at home, especially when travelling/dining alone.
I always try and book the Radisson for visits to Melbourne.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay & in particular, the service received from our fantastic team of staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

No doubt this is an excellent hotel and all the good things that need to be said, has been said by others. If there is one thing I would like to see provided is complementary bottled water in the room.

The hotel has good security; you will need your room card to access the lifts as well as your room door.

Staff are ever willing to help you in any way. It seems to be the culture of this hotel.

I had left my digital camera in my room when I checked out. The cleaning staff who found it, sent it to the Lost & Found department where my camera was wrapped up in protective plastic.

I was able to retrieve my camera from the front desk when I returned for it.

Kudos to the management of Radisson for honest employees!

Thank you, Radisson.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

We're pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay & I appreciate your valuable feedback regarding the bottled water.

I look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Melbourne.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

From the moment my daughter and I pulled up at the front of the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens and the concierge was promptly at the back of the car to take our bags in I was impressed! Check in was prompt, staff were genuinely friendly and helpful and the venue had a lovely relaxed (yet professional) feel about it. I was very happy with my stay as I had good value for money but was still staying somewhere a little special. Breakfast provided a wide choice of options and the 12pm checkout was very convenient after a wander around the market. Rooms were comfy, clean, quiet and the free WiFi a great bonus. Thank you to all for a great stay - we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Aussiemacca,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay.

We look forward to seeing you again shortly.