“Not quite perfect”

Ranked #7 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane, Australia
“Not quite perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Check in great and friendly, very nice reception. Package included drink vouchers in bar and chocolates, never got the chocolates. Drinks in bar were good and the staff was awesome, especially the manager. Ordered antipasto entree, nice but a bit pricey. Package also included a late checkout, I was rung an hour prior and asked when I’de be checking out stating that late checkout wasn’t on their system and that it would be amended no problem, very friendly. However I left room and couldn’t get back in because me key wasn’t extended. Other than that a great stay and great location to CBD and Markets.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RadissonMelbourneGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Disboy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We appreciate your valuable feedback & will use it to further improve our operations.

I hope to welcome you back to the Radisson in the future.

Steve Finlayson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Visiting the AO this hotel was nicely located in front of a park, close to the Victoria markets and walking distance to the centre of Melbourne. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff is very helpfull in finding solutions for travel and leisure. On our trip around Australia this was one of the best hotels visited. The breakfast was of good quality and the atmosphere in the restaurant comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ton H
Dear Ton H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay & in particular, our convenient location.

We hope to see you again soon.

Maryland, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was the nicest hotel on our tour. Our room was quiet and comfortable, compact, but big enough with a view of the park in front. It is conveniently located next to Victoria Market and the free on/ off tourist tram that takes you near all the sights in the city. The breakfast was wonderful. They have an almond encrusted pastry that was outstanding and omelet/waffle service that was very well executed. Wifi was free and fast. The only problem was when we arrived in our group, tired after a long flight and very late at 11:30 at night, we were given new Club Carlson affinity club membership cards (although some of us were already members and had let the hotel know in advance and as group members were told we would not earn any points), instead of keys for the rooms. It took over 40 minutes for the room key cards to be made and distributed with at first only one of the two desk employees handling this, and finally the other pitched in after watching our impatience. We found a small box of chocolates placed in our room which we guessed was a peace offering, but there was no explanation. Otherwise we liked our room and the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear maggieMD,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We appreciate your valuable feedback & will use it to fine tune our operations.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was on a busy schedule and arrived very early in the morning. The reception staff were very friendly and caring and immediately ushered me to the restaurant for a much needed and beautifully made cappuccino.

The room was pleasantly large, very well equipped and had a great workspace area for me to do emails etc. I also used the comprehensively equipped gym (which has an excellent cross trainer!) and can't fault the hotel in any way.

There are a load of expensive hotels in Melbourne. However, the Radisson is very well priced and you feel like a name, not a number there. I will always use it whenever in Melbourne.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ken F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Surrey UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a months trip to Oz. I stayed 3 nights at the Radisson on Flagstaff and wish I could have stayed longer. My flight arrived in the morning so I made my way to the hotel on the Skybus from the airport, the friendly reception staff made me feel welcome and advised me that my room was not quite ready, they directed me to the spa area so I could use the showers there and freshen up. I then had breakfast and whilst eating the receptionist came and found me and advised that my room was now ready, it was only around 10am! What a great service.
On entering my room I was blown away, fantastic size, overlooking the gardens (if you ask when you book they do try and accommodate) great bathroom with a rain shower and a normal shower (no bath tub in my room so if you prefer those then let them know when booking), fantastic comfy bed, chair, great modern TV. I personally didn't hear any traffic noise at all.
The rooftop spa and seating area was just fantastic with great rooms, room service was delicious and on time, and I ate the best steak I've ever tasted in the restaurant on the last night of my stay.
When I return to Melbourne I will be staying at this hotel again, the location is perfect, near a tram stop, a short downhill walk to the CBD and the friendly staff make this hotel a 5 * establishment, thank you to all at this hotel for a lovely stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Happytripper1974,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again upon your return to Melbourne.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The Radisson was the first hotel I stayed at on my trip to Australia and I must say that it was one of the best on my trip. The hotel itself is very clean and quiet even though it has lots of rooms. The staff were very helpful and were there to help with any questions I had.
The room that I stayed in was very clean and tidy with a lovely bathroom with everything i needed to make my stay perfect.
One of the things which I was also very impressed with was the breakfast buffet which I had everyday and it kept me going all day. There was so much choice and the food was cooked perfectly.
If you are around on a Wednesday night then make sure you check out the queen Victoria market which is located just just up the road.
One point I will make is if you are driving a car while staying here then don't bother leaving your car outside the hotel, the traffic wardens are quite sneaky around there. Ask reception and they will let you know where there car park is just around the corner which you can use for a small fee and you wont have to go out early in the morning to move your car as you would on the street.
Over all a super hotel :)
Thanks Radisson I hope to return one day..

Room Tip: Some reviewers have said to get a room overlooking the gardens at the front but I had room at the ba...