“Great little find”

Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
Ranked #9 of 160 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here 1 night for business and found it to be very good.
Room was a little small but loved the new looking bathroom, good bar area and the young girl on the front reception was very informative and welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
RadissonHongquanGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear DJR1975,

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Only a two night stay, but this hotel is very well located by flagstaff gardens, and just down the road from Victoria Market. Room very comfortable, staff charming and helpful. Breakfast was very good, with plenty of fresh fruit and an "egg station" where you can have your eggs cooked however you want. But they also do waffles and maple syrup, which go very well with the smoked bacon. Fortunately only there for two nights or would have needed a forklift truck to leave hotel.....

Highly recommended for stays in Melbourne.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Peter T,

We appreciate your positive review and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

stayed business class this weekend. service was great. room was everything I needed with a lovely big bed. LOVE the rain shower! breakfast was basic buffet food that u would expect... bacon, eggs, hash browns, baked beans, fruits, cereals, yoghurts. little eggs station with waffles made to order.... YUM! location is great. right on the free city circle tram, not a long walk to places like crown casinos, plenty on restaurants in walking distance and like 5 minute walk to southern cross station.

overall loved it so thank you. will definitely be back

Room Tip: had a great view on the garden :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarsha O

Dear Sarsha O,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of our excellent location.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks back in September. Amazing first time experience in Australia. Room was clean, the staff was very helpful and polite. Waitresses/bartenders were pretty cute too. Didn't spend much time in the hotel but I still enjoyed every bit of it. Breakfast was really good, especially the egg station. Would stay here again next time I travel to Australia.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
RadissonHongquanGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear jk_g0rd0n,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am pleased to read that we were able to make your first trip to Australia a memorable one!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in October while attending a conference. My room was not available upon check-in, but was available within 30 minutes of arrival. I had a corner room overlooking the park and found it to be quite spacious. Comfy bed, free wifi, great climate control in the room. Had lunch at the hotel one day and it was tasty and included a beverage. Within walking distance to a number of restaurants and cafes and just down the road from the Victoria Markets. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Nice gym area - a couple of treadmills, elliptical, bike, weight machines and free weights.

Room Tip: I loved my corner room facing the park.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear UMS,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review on this site.

I am pleased to read that your enjoyed your time with us and we certainly hope to welcome you back upon your next visit to Melbourne.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked this hotel just because I like the cosy spa pool area and that I am exactly after. I stayed before. I stayed many hotels like crown, mantra and oaks for my treatments occasionally even I am living in Melbourne CBD. However the spa area was broken and I was not able to used it. When I checked in the hotel as soon as I found out this situation I made complain..(of cause!) The web site did not say anything about they are having a trouble with spa pool or anything at all. Anyway the receptionist tried to explain to me but I just could not believe it how the lady (early 50 I guess) said to me!! 'I am upset too!!' 'I can not up date web on and off.' 'I can not do anything about it!' 'Is there anything I can do for YOU?!@'
Other staff were all good. and I was a bit understanding whole situations BUT the old pathetic receptionist finally more made me angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which should not be happened AT ALL!~!

The hotel should get rid of the lady otherwise more trouble on the way I can tell you that!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank YUKI M
RadissonHongquanGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Hi YUKI M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We pride ourselves on our level of customer satisfaction, therefore, it's disheartening to read that your stay didn’t reach expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here for three nights on first week of September 2013.
Location is great, facing the flagstaff garden and next to Queen Victoria market !!
The buffet breakfast is good.. especially the waffle.. i love their waffle !! they have the cream and berry jam ..yummy !
Room is good. Book online, and got the garden facing room, great !
The subway station is also across the street. and the free city circle tram also has a stop across the street. Great !. Walking to the CBD area takes around 10-15 minutes by foot.
The tv channel has quite a number of varieties.
However, since I am a budget traveler, will appreciate more if the hotel can provide coin laundry.
All in all, really recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for room facing The Flagstaff Garden
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ririjkt
RadissonHongquanGM, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear ririjkt,

I'm glad to read that you had such a pleasant stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you return to Melbourne in the future.

Kind Regards,