“Recent stay”

Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
Ranked #8 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had one night accommodation and it was awesome. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room amenities were clean and more than suitable. The buffet breakfast was extensive and yum. It was opposite parkland which was a nice view. Very suitable for public transport and close to Queen Vic Market. Would defintely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth J
Write a ReviewReviews (3,118)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Decent location across from the park and about 10 minutes walk to the city or maybe 20 minutes to the rugby stadium. Very pleasant concierge staff who always seemed happy to help. The pub/restaurant arrangement didnt work for me - it was neither a pub or a restaurant. My room was a little tired with an old fashioned shower over the bathtub.
One of the best features of the hotel was the FREE wi-fi. With a several night stay this proved to be quite valuable compared to many hotels where you can pay up to USD 15/20 per day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Garry M
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Was looking forward to staying at Radisson on Flagstaff because of all the great reviews unfortunately I was definitely on the wrong side of the building there is a construction site on the side of the hotel I was placed on. I am glad that I was there on the weekend the noise from the construction site would have made my experience even more unpleasant. Dont think I would stay there again until construction has finished

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I took a little getaway to Melbourne for a few days. We decided to stay at the Raddison Flagstaff Gardens following a recommendation from a friend.
We are so grateful. The staff, in particular, Daryl, part of the concierge team was so incredibly helpful and guided us (Melbourne newbies) in the right direction, and gave us lots of little tips and tricks that really helped us get our bearings and make the most of our time and our stay.

I love how close to the markets we were - we made the most of the fresh food and Daryl, our concierge thought to give us an insulated bag to bring transport our market bounty.

We found the location wasn't too out of the way. We walked most of the time. We caught the train from the nearby flagstaff station and the trams. The casino is a short $10(max) cab ride away.

We had a wonderful stay in Melbourne and would highly recommend Radisson Flagstaff Gardens!

Room Tip: We chose a room facing the park which also had a lovely view over Docklands. We were on the 7th flo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WendyGowans
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location for free transportation and a quick walk to almost everywhere! Beds are comfortable, amenities Nice. even the food was good! Clean, smart decor, and pleasant staff. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank ladymacdeth
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife & I have stayed at Radisson on Flagstaff on a number of occasions and we are always happy to return. The refurbished rooms are well-equipped and clean. Staff are always knowledgeable and pleasant. We will stay at Radisson when the next opportunity presents itself.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Flagstaff Gardens offer the best view, even though they cost a little more.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank pioneer123Geelong
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a room overlooking Flagstaff Gardens which gave a nice open outlook and although it is across a road, the noise from the road seemed minimal. The room was clean and had all the usual amenities. The bed was very comfortable .The reception lobby area is modern and colourful , the corridors and room are perhaps beginning to look just a little tired as is the gym/ spa area.
With the free tram minutes away and the free tour bus from Victoria market which is again only about 5 minutes away and within walking distance of the museum , restaurants etc we found it to be surprisingly convenient for touring Melbourne.
The staff were friendly and helpful. My only problem, and I admittedly a light sleeper ,was noise from other guests returning late etc especially on Saturday night/Sunday morning . The soundproofing isn't the best.
Overall with the free internet and the convenience I thought it was good value.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family