“Nice hotel, easy walking distance to transportation”

Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
Ranked #9 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Cleveland
“Nice hotel, easy walking distance to transportation”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Flagstaff Gardens on the last leg of my Australain vacation. Great way to end a dream trip. The hotel is in a good location, across from a nice park, a block walk to all the city trams and a block and a half easy walk to Queen Victoria Market for great cheap souveniers. I was greeted by a great bellman who knew I wanted a quiet room (due to the large group of teens in a karate competition also staying there) and made the front desk aware of my request. My room was cozy but just the right size, heavenly queen size bed and nice size bathroom. Very clean rooms, lobby and free internet in the business center! Dinner was very good in the hotel restaurant HQ's, as was breakfast, altho one morning the eggs were cold and were changed out very quickly. Room service was prompt and the food good. Caroline at the front desk was very helpful as was Garrett at concierge, the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Melbourne.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great room, beautiful view, excellent mini bar range and ipod dock/alarm clock. Lovely bathroom and shower. Polite, helpful staff. 11am checkout is a bonus too. Room service options were plentiful, even vegetarian offerings.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FeistyKel
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We got an amazing deal with Raddison which was booked through wotif.com. The rooms are clean, peaceful, roomy,a/c and inviting.
The location is just outside the busy melb cbd but only a 10-15min walk, 3min cab ride there, or there is the free city loop tram situated across the road.
All of the city's attractions are close by and the Victorian Markets are directly behind the hotel.
The hotel,s amenities are great, the rooftop spa over looking the gardens are wonderful, the steam room and gym are quite adequate for people staying there
The hotels bar and restaurant are excellent value with excellent service.
Checking in was speedy as we arrived 4hours early and was allowed to store our luggage and check in, then later on the hotel contacted us when our rooms were ready, I must give high praise to Brad in reservations, his expertise in his job, excellent knowledge of Melbourne and its attractions were 2nd to none. Also I would like to thank the Consierge Darryl, his knowledge around Melbourne when we headed out to the AFL was priceless.
The Raddison is one place I would most definitely stay at again when staying in Melbourne.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with any of the rooms, but if you have special needs make...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We paid a very reasonable price for a one night stay for this hotel as we arrived late evening and picked up a car from Hertz nearby the next morning. It was exactly what we were expecting - a good size room, fairly basic but clean and comfortable.

Don't think I would want a long stay here as a little out from the centre

Very close to Victoria Market which is worth a visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingVs
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had a conference to go to near Parliament but I had also organised a night out at Festival Hall so I was looking for a place convenient to both. This was the ideal location being relatively close to Southern Cross Station.The customer service was excellent with friendly genuine staff and I especially appreciated the hotel letting me store my bags and sports equipment after I checked out so I could pick it up in the evening. There was no way I could have kept that stuff on me during the day.
There is a Melbourne Bike share stand within 100 m of the hotel and if you like to cycle, this is an excellent way of getting around the CBD together with the other public transport options.Helmets are $5 at the 7-11 just down the street.
An important detail for me when picking a hotel is free wifi and this worked well.You could also use more than one gadget unlike some other places.The gym is basic but functional. Some floor mats for doing pilates type exercises would be useful.
Definitely a hotel to consider if you need to be in the Northern end of the CBD or close to Docklands.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We got a great deal with free drinks on arrival, a free movie and 1pm checkout! LOVED the 1 pm checkout!!
Was perfect location for us to see a few MICF shows in various theatres in the CBD. Walking distance to Melbourne Central and Bourke St Mall.
We had a buffet breakfast in the morning which was delicious, but pricey.
Staff were pleasant, didn't go out of their way to be friendly, but were courteous enough when asked questions.
For $15 extra, we could park our car for our whole time in Melbourne, which was useful.

I would definitely recommend Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

better than 5 star accomadation without the price tag ill be back without any hesitation roomservice was extremely quick food was exceptional the staff were very helpful it was fantastic to see staff
So happy in the job