“Wonderful Staff”

Ranked #57 of 159 Hotels in Melbourne
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed for only one night but I wish it was more. The staff were just amazing and the room was huge and very clean. Excellent location close to Bourke St trams and William St trams (only about a 1 minute walk). Had to pay for wi-fi which I hate but I guess is expected. Can't say much for the view. Highly reccomended

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
QuestonWilliam, General Manager at Quest on William, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. It was lovely to receive your review and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and facilities.
Thank you, Aimee Royle (General Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a studio for work for a week recently. Room was nice and well equipped. Location is great and easy to get to all major locales in the city. My room was at the front of the building and had considerable street noise but tht is expected for the cbd. Only downside was the shower. It has a very small showerhead and you almost have to run around to get wet! The bathroom was also quite cold.

• Stayed April 2013
QuestonWilliam, General Manager at Quest on William, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. It was lovely to receive your review and I will pass your comments onto my staff. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and facilities.
I have taken your comments on board regarding the shower and agree that it is not to the standard we strive for and we are currently working on a refurbishment plan focusing on the bathrooms. Thank you, Aimee Royle (General Manager)
India
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with a couple of friends in a 2 bedroom apartment. Excellent location close to Bourke St trams and William St trams (only about a 1 minute walk). I have stayed in many other Melbourne properties but by far this one has been my favourite due to position, apartment size, and cleanliness. The staff were helpful and polite. On our first night in the apartment, the neighbours (young adults) were very noisy, shouting and slamming doors, knocking on our door when heading to the lifts etc. We mentioned this to reception the following day and we didn't hear anything more from that apartment for the remainder of our stay. (We assumed they mentioned this to the offending occupants).
The only negative I can possibly think of is that the shower cubicle is extremely small and pokey..... There was a bath in the bathroom also but no shower head in the tub, so the only option was to squeeze into the tiny shower cubicle.
Rooms were serviced daily (except Sunday, but that was fine) and were cleaned and restocked well.
A short stroll down Little Bourke St toward the city, you will come across many fine eateries. Hardware Lane is a delight for lane-way breakfast choices and delightful dinners complete with jazz bands.
Would recommend staying here as a convenient yet less busy but close to city option. Loved it! :)

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
QuestonWilliam, General Manager at Quest on William, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Firstly thank you for your recent review of Quest on William; I really appreciate the time taken to submit your online review.

Secondly I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We strive to provide comfortable, clean accommodation combined with great customer service to all our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you to the property again soon.

Warmest Regards, Aimee Royle (General Manager)
Wandiligong, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed for a girls weekend in Melbourne in a 2 bedroom standard room.
Room was very spacious but there were some large stains all over the carpet which made the room look unclean. The shower in the bathroom also leaked all over the floor. Besides that, everything else was good including location, price and staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bellbridge Victoria Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed for a girls weekend in a 3 bedroom apartment, the reception staff were fantastic, helpful, friendly and was much appreciated by us all. Rooms were spacious, beds very comfy and location was great, close to everything and tram stop very close. Would definitely stay here again. Nice and quiet. Very good value for money. Only negative was the shower, not much pressure.

Room Tip: If booking the 3 bedroom apartment make sure you ask for the one with 2 bathrooms as one of them onl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review of our property. It was lovely to receive your review and I will pass your comments onto my staff. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and facilities. Thank you, Aimee Royle (General Manager)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My 2 girlfriends and I went to Melbourne for a girls weekend and it was fantastic. We paid for a Room with 2 bedrooms (1 with king/queen and 2 single beds in the other room). Room was clean, spacious, had lots of cupboards. There was enough room everything we needed, it was more than what we needed. It was great to be able to use the oven to heat up our breakfasts and brewing tea in a teapot.

We found this to be 1 of the more quieter Quests as it is more closer to the business side where on weekends there are hardly anybody around. This hotel was the cheapest of the other few we researched which were in very busy city areas. Overall a good stay but just a bit far from the places we were planning on going to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nat W
Thank you for your recent review of Quest on William. My team and I are very happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you to the property again soon.
Regards, Aimee Royle (General Manager)
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was in Melbourne on business for most of a week and stayed at the Quest on William. It was conveniently located and comfortable enough. The separate living room and bedroom was nice. The absence of free Wi-Fi was a nuisance, and the place is lacking in charm, but we enjoyed our stay. The laundry facility in the apartment was very nice and we could walk to everything.

Room Tip: no restaurant or lobby.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I have taken your comments on board regarding the wifi (currently it is only free in our foyer area) and hopefully next time you stay with us, we will have implemented free wifi throughout the building.