“Our stay in the park view hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melbourne Parkview Hotel

Melbourne Parkview Hotel
Ranked #25 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“Our stay in the park view hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked four nights via wot if so we could go to the Melbourne cup. On arrival from Perth we were given room 105 on the first floor. Lovely spacious room with king bed.was very clean and comfortable. Only problem as we were right above where the trucks pulled in to bring supplies or something it was extremely noisy. Sound like a tram every two minutes for around two hours from around 5.45 an to around 7.30. After the second night we asked to be moved. The staff were excellent and moved us straight away to room 520. Same as the other room but a lot less noisy. The breakfast was ok,plenty of choice but wasn't very hot. The spa on the 9th floor is amazing. The views are fab. Overall we would stay here again. If you plan on using the tram get you myki organized . Ask at the staff counter as we had to try and work it out ourselves. Had a very pleasant trip :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
LaurieLittman, General Manager at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for informing me about your recent stay. I am delighted that we were able to move you to another room due to noise. It is also helpful knowing which rooms you stayed in as I can have the room window seals checked to ensure that they are functioning correctly. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and will pass your comments onto my team.

Laurie Littman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
Merimbula, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am a pain in the butt when we are looking for accommodation for our trips. I really like NICE but not too expensive but with added extras and this is what we got with Melbourne Parkview Hotel. Parkview had a couple of great specials happening at the time we were travelling so check the botels website before booking on other wensitea. Staff very friendly and helpful, room lovely and roomy overlooking the oval and city, breakfast had everything you wished for except I am not keen on the thermos plungers they have for hot water for your tea and coffee as they do not stay hot. (Just a personal thing so don't take it as a negative for this hotel) Not far from tram stop to go to the CBD. Plenty of choices for dinner around the Albert Park areas. We had a great time, caught up with friends in Melb. Would definitely go back to Melbourne Parkview Hotel :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Pink60
It is always great to read that a guest has done a little research before making their choice of hotel. It is even better to know that we met your expectations and I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We purchased a deal on Scoopon and the service and overall deal far exceeded expectations. Great breakfast, great king bed and modern room layout. The service was great. I hope to buy a deal like this again. We had a wonderful deal and experience.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am delighted you took advantage of the Scoopon Deal and even more so that we exceeded your expectations. We will be offering deals with Scoopon at various times but please don't forget to look at our website that also has a variety of special rates. I hope to welcome you back soon.
Albury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I always stay at the Park View when I'm in Melbourne.
The initial drawcard was the great central location and parking, but I continue to return for the beautiful beds and friendly staff!
The restaurant has recently had a menu change along with a name change, I dined with 3 others and we all LOVED our (huge!) meals.
The buffet breakfast is also terrific.
Of course I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful response regarding your recent stay. I will certainly highlight your comments onto my team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you want a nice 4 star hotel experience you can't go wrong. Could be mistaken for 5 star. The 'city view' room was a big part of our experience, might not be as good without that view. Also was a bit disappointed that in the spa room they played annoying commercial radio, not very relaxing, just seemed a bit dumb and when I asked them to turn it off they wouldn't. How bout some zen music if they must plat something? Otherwise everything was great.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to inform me about your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel and would also like to thank you for letting me know about the music in the Spa. I must admit that point slipped past me and I have already arranged the music to be changed ! I hope to welcome you back soon.
Opotiki, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Customer service was wonderful, room was comfortable and luxurious and breakfast was superb!
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
I arrived early on Thursday 24th October and friendly receptionist let me check in early so i could put my bag away, the room although a standard one and not facing the park was still very modern and 5 starry!
The full buffet breakfast was definitely a highlight, the automatic fresh pancake maker was just one of the pleasant surprises!
Also reception staff were happy to look after my bag for a few hours after i had checked out, service with a smile,
Thankyou Parkview, looking forward to staying again!

Room Tip: 9th floor overlooking the park if you can get it
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
StacyAndronikos, General Manager at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hi Rufus D Thank you for your great review as we really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am delighted that you had such a nice stay and will make sure your comments are passed on to our staff. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Laurie Littman General Manager
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Comfortable room and decent breakfast. I thought the room was a bit pricey but I suppose its the location. Nice view of tennis and cricket playgrounds from the room. There's a restaurant on the lobby floor - the food was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
LaurieLittman, General Manager at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for you for your positive comments. I hope to welcome you back in the near future. Laurie Littman General Manager