“Great Scoopon bed n Bubbles n breakfast!”

Melbourne Parkview Hotel
Ranked #27 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We purchased a deal on Scoopon and the service and overall deal far exceeded expectations. Great breakfast, great king bed and modern room layout. The service was great. I hope to buy a deal like this again. We had a wonderful deal and experience.

• Stayed: October 2013
LaurieLittman, General Manager at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

I am delighted you took advantage of the Scoopon Deal and even more so that we exceeded your expectations. We will be offering deals with Scoopon at various times but please don't forget to look at our website that also has a variety of special rates. I hope to welcome you back soon.
Laurie Littman

Write a ReviewReviews (3,035)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I always stay at the Park View when I'm in Melbourne.
The initial drawcard was the great central location and parking, but I continue to return for the beautiful beds and friendly staff!
The restaurant has recently had a menu change along with a name change, I dined with 3 others and we all LOVED our (huge!) meals.
The buffet breakfast is also terrific.
Of course I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful response regarding your recent stay. I will certainly highlight your comments onto my team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you want a nice 4 star hotel experience you can't go wrong. Could be mistaken for 5 star. The 'city view' room was a big part of our experience, might not be as good without that view. Also was a bit disappointed that in the spa room they played annoying commercial radio, not very relaxing, just seemed a bit dumb and when I asked them to turn it off they wouldn't. How bout some zen music if they must plat something? Otherwise everything was great.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to inform me about your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel and would also like to thank you for letting me know about the music in the Spa. I must admit that point slipped past me and I have already arranged the music to be changed ! I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Customer service was wonderful, room was comfortable and luxurious and breakfast was superb!
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
I arrived early on Thursday 24th October and friendly receptionist let me check in early so i could put my bag away, the room although a standard one and not facing the park was still very modern and 5 starry!
The full buffet breakfast was definitely a highlight, the automatic fresh pancake maker was just one of the pleasant surprises!
Also reception staff were happy to look after my bag for a few hours after i had checked out, service with a smile,
Thankyou Parkview, looking forward to staying again!

Room Tip: 9th floor overlooking the park if you can get it
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
StacyAndronikos, General Manager at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hi Rufus D Thank you for your great review as we really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am delighted that you had such a nice stay and will make sure your comments are passed on to our staff. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Laurie Littman General Manager

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Comfortable room and decent breakfast. I thought the room was a bit pricey but I suppose its the location. Nice view of tennis and cricket playgrounds from the room. There's a restaurant on the lobby floor - the food was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
LaurieLittman, General Manager at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for you for your positive comments. I hope to welcome you back in the near future. Laurie Littman General Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed on the 26th Oct.the view was great .we could watch the cricket that was going on below,and have the city as a backdrop.Location perfect just jump on the tram to all destinations. The breakfast had everything you wanted.The greeting we got from Glen at breakfast was warm and funny. Would love to go back again. Good job guys,keep up the good work.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review as we really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am delighted that you had such a nice stay and will make sure your comments are passed on to our staff and in particular Glen who does a great job for us at breakfast !. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Laurie Littman - General Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, mind you we are repeat offenders, having stayed there for the Australian Open earlier this year.
Andrew was so helpful and friendly, helping to make our stay even better.
Breakfast was wonderful, the rooms are very comfortable and the beds are comfortable.
I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your review as I really appreciate our regular guests taking the time to let us know that you are continuing to enjoy your stays at the Parkview. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Laurie Littman - General Manager