“Fantastic stay”

Adara Collins
Ranked #24 of 137 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here for four months. The staff where very helpful in aspects of getting around the city and finding things and places in the city. Very friendly and helpful. Apartment was large enough and well appointed. I overlooked Collins street and can recommend the view up and down if you like people watching. Trams run past pretty regularly and Flinders Train station is close by. This place is in an absolute prime position. Will be staying there again if I can.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kayla S, Manager at Adara Collins, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hi Rob,
It was such a pleasure having you stay with us and we are glad to hear that we were able to be so helpful during your time in Melbourne CBD. We hope that all is well in the new place and hope to hear from you soon.
Kayla Smyth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed here with a colleague for over a year for work.
I was new to Melbourne therefore didn't know much about this city and staying at this hotel made it easier on us as the staff were friendly and always there to help us no matter what we needed.

Room was spacious, beds were comfortable and housekeeping were great throughout our stay. Reception were always proactive and adhered to every need.

Would've stayed here longer if my business project didn't come to an end. I would recommend this to anyone that would like to stay in Melbourne. Prime location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi Eddy,
It is so fantastic to get to read reviews about our guests experience specially when we had the pleasure of accommodating them for so long! I am glad that reception was able to assist you in making your time in Melbourne comfortable and as enjoyable as possible, it is always hard being away from home for extended periods. Hopefully your next project brings you back to Melbourne and we can welcome your colleague and you again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Good location, definitely central to everything (including the theatre next door, so you can hear some extra music in the evenings). Windows open. Comfortably appointed. Friendly staff.

Cons: The corridors between rooms aren't all that wide and the lift is a little slow.

Close to all transport, though and the kitchen and bathroom and laundry make this a good place to stay for more than one night.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hi Sariban,
It is such a pleasure to read your review and hear you had an enjoyable experience with Adara Collins. Thank you for your comments specifically in regards to the facilities we offer, we look forward to your next trip back to Melbourne and the chance to show you the renovations and improves we have just commenced!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with some girl friends one weekend. The staff were friendly and helpful, the place was clean and had all the appliances/kitchenware that we needed. Overall, the room was just what we needed. Good location too! Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013
Hi Katherine,
Thank you for the great review on your stay with us, particularly in the area of cleanliness and in room facilities. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the property for your next girls night out!
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights with our 6 month old and as soon as we got to reception I knew I had made a huge mistake picking the hotel. As we aren't from melbourne I was easily fooled by the photos online and regretfully didn't read any reviews first.
The receptionist was very friendly and helpful however the reception area and (slow) elevator were off putting. The room smelt strongly of stale cleaning product. The floors were not cleaned properly from previous guest, there was hair still in the shower drain. Faint stains on the couch. I didn't realise until we went to bed the SECOND NIGHT that there was a disgusting stain on the actual doona, it looked like dry blood or maybe something else (I'm hoping). I didn't dare look at the rest of the yellow thing and threw it on the ground sleeping only with the sheets and heater going. They don't cover the doona itself with a fitted sheet only flat sheets so it easily slips out to reveal how old and yuck it is. This was so upsetting as we were all tired after a bad night sleep the first night from the uncomfortable mattress and walking around the city all day.

Save yourself the stress and just stay somewhere else.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lohick
Kayla S, Manager at Adara Collins, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hi Lohick, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay, I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience and I was not given the opportunity during your time in Melbourne to rectify your areas of concern. Due to our location the reception area has always been a challenge with space however we try our best to ensure this is clean, tidy and have also recently done painting and improved the lighting.
I am disappointed to hear your comments in regards to the cleanliness of the room as this is an area that we pride ourselves on meeting the highest possibly standards, since reading your review however I have requested housekeeping to personally check all doonas after returning from the linen company and have also purchased more new quilts due to arrive next week. The property has start soft re-furbs including upgrades in furniture and curtains and I do hope we are given the opportunity to welcome you back and show you that we have taken your feedback seriously and improved in the areas mentioned.

Property Manager
Pune, India
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Kayla,
Sandip here, Hope you rember me! I stayed between 2012 to 2013. Staff is good, Heart of City, All the places like Crown, MCG, Central train station are on walking distance. Superb Place!

Sandip

Room Tip: Book a room above 5th Floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kayla S, Manager at Adara Collins, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hi Sandip,
It is lovely to hear from you and of course we remember you! Thank you for taking the time to provide such fantastic feedback on your stay. We wish your family and you all the best and hope to see you soon!
Scotland
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The location is great - step out the door and you're right in the center of Melbourne and in easy walking distance of most things (and for others the trams stop more or less outside). This is an apartment hotel, so don't expect much in the way of service - though the receptionists were without exception helpful and caring. You'll have a well equipped kitchen as well as bedroom and sitting room, and I would say good value for the money. They offer breakfast boxes, which I would say are over-priced, but again there are plenty of places nearby where you can buy a breakfast, and supermarkets in easy distance if you want to make your own. You'll pay extra for internet connection ($10 for 24 hours), which always irks me, though it was a good connection. The only slight grumble I would have is that I had an apartment overlooking the theater which is next door, and early on Sunday morning loud music started playing which turned out to be a church worship band practicing. Apart from that, it was a remarkably quiet location - and at no other time did I hear anything from the theater.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Theologyprof
Kayla S, Manager at Adara Collins, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Theologyprof,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay this is appreciated as gives us an opportunity to improve.

We would like to particularly thank you for your comments regarding our location and our reception team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and hear more about your future stay.

Property Manager