“In the heart of the theatre district”
Review of Adara Collins

Adara Collins
Ranked #24 of 134 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
Adelaide, South Australia
“In the heart of the theatre district”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was on a business trip and needed somewhere central that was not too poky as I had a fair bit of work to do in the room during the day.

Whilst the reception area is a little small, dark and not very inviting the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. There is one slow lift.

The rooms are a little old but spacious, clean and well appointed. My windows on the third floor looked out on the side a a church building and that was a little drab. The kitchen was fine, relatively large and the lounge a a good size. The tv's could be a little bigger but there were fine.

I needed wireless internet and was charged $10 for 24 hours, not for a 24 hour period but for 24 hours use. This was good value and it worked well.. the only small problem was that you could only connect one device at a time and it this was a little tricky to do a at times.

The laundry is free to use and there is a small gym.

I had a problem with my tv due to an upgrade they were doing (they now have many many channels available) and it was attended to very quickly.

The hotel is in a great position and I was able to get it a a good rate. If you want flashy this is not the place for you. If you want position and good facilities for a reasonable price, this could be the place for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kayla S, Manager at Adara Collins, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear aussieAl_61,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay.

I would particularly like to thank you for the feedback on our facilities and location. In regards to your suggestion on the TV's I thought you may like to know now that we have updated the IPTV that offers up to 535 TV/Radio channels we are in the process of upgrading all TV's to a minimum of 40" Screens.

The IPTV has gone live this week and will be available to purchase with upgrade packages and internet packages and look forward to hearing more feedback regarding this service.

We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future and hear more about your future stays.

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Excellent central location in the city close to transport and shops etc, at a reasonable price. There is only one elevator, so waiting times can often be long. Our only problems with our room were that the TV in the lounge had limited channels available, with only two of the main free to air stations available, however the TV in the bedroom could access all channels, and the shower seemed loose on the wall and you could feel the pipe move in the wall when ever you tried adjusting the shower height. Apart from that, the rooms in general, and furnishings and kitchen were good quality. Hard to beat for an apartment in such a central location at a reasonable price.
Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Foxtrot10
Kayla S, Manager at Adara Collins, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hi Foxtrot10,

Thank you for providing us the positive feedback on your stay with us.

We appreciate all feedback and the opportunity to improve. Firstly I would like to apologise for not having all TV stations available in the lounge room as I am unsure why this would be the case however we are currently installing IPTV with will allow up to 600 worldwide TV stations at a small upgrade fee, and all free to air channels and stations will still be available.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the property.

Quest Collins Street Central
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here at a good price found on the website. It was very central in Melbourne and there is a tram outside. I was without a car but I noted that there is far ageing available. My room was large and had all I needed. There is a lift but I had a few steps to negotiate and a walk to my room. Staff were friendly and helpful. Downsides were a step up into the bath room and noisy air conditioning. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Kayla S, Manager at Adara Collins, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hi Hepast,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay.

We appreciate your feedback on the size of the apartments and the facilities provided. I will also ensure to pass on the kind words to the staff at the property.

I thought you would be interested to hear that we are currently in the process of arranging upgrades on the lift to be commenced in the new year.

We look forward to the opportunity to accommodating you in the future and hope to hear more about your future stays.

Quest Collins Street Central
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Visited Melbourne for Derby Day and Melbourne Cup 5 nights. Room rate $240AUS. Friendly staff. Disappointed Internet is not free. It was a little unreliable and I was not able to log on on the morning of departure. $50@week. Next time I would request a higher floor. We stayed on the 2nd floor and my view was a brick wall and a industrial air con unit? The separate ventilation unit in the room was noisy. Hotel was close to the train station. Close to good restaurants also - Cumulus Inc, Chin Chin, CODA, Longrain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kayla S, Manager at Adara Collins, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi CQGSperth,

We are glad to hear about your recent stay with Quest Collins Street Central and would like to say thank you for taking the time to provide the above feedback.

I will certainly be taking on your feedback and suggestions in regards to the internet and look into different options for the internet for future accommodation stays and packages and thank you for giving us your feedback.

We hope that we are given the opportunity of accommodating you in the future and get the chance to hear more about your next visit to the Property.

malaysian
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had booked into to stay for 4 night as was out in Melbourne for work. The location was ideal as it was in city centre and within walking distance to most places. If you needed to get anywhere further, the tram stop is 2 minute walk away and the train station was only about 5 minute walk.

I had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment which was nice. The room was ready before 2pm and I was able to check in earlier.The room was really spacious. However, the machine washing was not working and I am not certain that the dish washer was working either. The shower had low flow which is manageable however it was quite wobbly and looked like it was about to fall out of the wall.

I had rung the night before leaving to try to arrange a shuttle to the airport. However, had been told due to the fact that I had rung at 6 pm on a Saturday, they are unable to help with booking a shuttle however will be more than happy to book a cab for me. I managed to ring the companies myself 5 minutes later and booked a shuttle with minimum fuss.

Great location with some pros and cons.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kayla S, Manager at Adara Collins, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi Travelbug2001,

Thank you for taking the time to complete feedback on your recent stay with Quest Collins Street Central. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location and the complimentary upgrade.

We have since looked into your concerns with the maintenance in the apartment and this has all been rectified since your stay with Quest Collins Street Central.

In regards to the shuttle I believe that the service we called (Starbus) which is Quest Collins Street Central's preferred shuttle service was closed at this time however you had booked your accommodation with Skybus who is open much later.

I do apologise for this confusion and I will discuss with the reception staff to provide them with an alternative if Starbus is closed in the future and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Again we thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay and am glad to hear your overall experience was a positive one. We hope to get the opportunity to hear about your next visit to Quest Collins Street Central.

Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is pretty good value, as despite its modesty, the location is great. In the centre of everything, which saves transport costs and keeps things lively. Apartment-style, so no staff service to speak of, you're pretty much on your own. Apartment (1 bedroom) was spacious enough to spend a week without feeling claustrophobic. Make sure you check out the internet access in advance if that's important to you - it was slow and unreliable.

Room Tip: Avoid Rm 103: it's low-down, and on an alley - no complaints about the lousy view at the price...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kiwijj
Kayla S, Manager at Adara Collins, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hi Kiwijj,

Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay with Quest Collins Street Central,

Thank you for your feedback particularly in regards to our location and the size of the apartments. Reception is open from 7am - 11pm daily and able to assist with all enquiries and requests and I do apologise if this was not the case during your stay.

Again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your view and we hope that we have the opportunity to hear about your next visit to Melbourne.

Broome, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Quest Collins Central for 4 nights while in Melbourne on holiday. We arrived just before 2pm and were efficiently checked in by the reception staff. Our room was a one bedroom apartment located on the top floor (level 8) and consisted of 2 rooms, a lounge/kitchenette with separate bedroom/ensuite. All were well presented with excellent facilities. The room was quiet (we never heard the trams) and as the bedroom had no window (the lounge did) it was very dark and great for sleeping in!
The best part of this accommodation is the location. So close to cafes, restaurants, shops, bars, clubs etc and was a perfect base for our holiday. It would also be a convenient place to stay for business purposes.
Some minor negative points/suggestions would be to update the entry hall/lobby/lift (mainly a really good clean with some minor updates - there is nothing that can be done about the size which is obviously limited). Some more ventilation in the bedroom (eg fan) might be useful and we were slightly surprised that there was no TV in the bedroom.

Overall, we really enjoyed the accommodation and will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor. So quiet and we slept so well.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kayla S, Manager at Adara Collins, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hi Gareth,

Thank you for providing us feedback on your stay we appreciate all feedback be it negative or positive and the opportunity to improve.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the opportunity of sleeping in. After receiving your Post Departure Survey we have already completed a thorough clean on our public areas and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we could improve.

We have passed on the suggestions with ventilation and/or a fan in the bedroom to our maintenance department and will be looking into different possibilities.

Again thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing more about your next visit to the property.