As others have commented, the location of this hotel is ideal – right in the centre of the shopping area and at the start of the malls running through the centre city. It’s very close to Federation Square and access to City Circle tram. And there’s a taxi rank right outside. Service was pleasant and it was thoughtful of the receptionist at check in to offer me a room designed for disabled guests with a walk in shower when she saw that I use a walking stick. The room was very large with an enormous bathroom set up for wheelchair guests. I certainly appreciated the space and facilities. The room was one of those looking into the inner court and down to the shopping centre below. While it was quiet as I requested, the lack of much natural light did make the room rather gloomy and you had to keep all the lights on during the day. As I was travelling on business it didn’t worry me much but I wouldn’t like it if I was on holiday. The bed was excellent - one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on. It was a pity it was let down by the poor sheets that only just fitted and twice a sheet had a small rip in it. Not a great look for a quality hotel! And I was a little dismayed to find that my room still hadn't been made up on the first day when I returned after lunch. It took two requests and 45 minutes before it was done and I could relax in peace.
The buffet breakfast was acceptable but not particularly good value for the money. I found ordering an individual item from the room service breakfast menu was better value and nicer food. I also ordered dinner from room service twice. It was quite slow to arrive the first time and came with a glass of wine I hadn’t ordered which was taken away when I pointed that out. The second time was quicker and on both occasions the food was very good.
My only real complaint was that there was no way of controlling the temperature. The room tended to warm up and the only way to cool it was to turn up the very noisy air conditioning.
If location is your prime consideration, then you can’t do much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Melbourne, Novotel Melbourne on Collins offers 380 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. The 4.5 Star property is within walking distance of some of the finest attractions in Melbourne. Offering a contemporary restaurant and bar, indoor heated swimming pool & spa and fitness centre, it is the perfect choice for both business and leisure travellers. St. Collins Lane, located conveniently beneath the hotel is now open, Melbourne's most unique fashion destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Novotel