We stayed here for 5 nights in total in early Dec 08, and really enjoyed it!
Although things didn't start off too well... There was a problem with our room when we first arrived, but the manager on duty was genuinely apologetic and gave us one of the Executive Suite rooms for the night. We had to change rooms the following day to one of the Standard rooms, but the quailty of both rooms was of a high standard, the only difference that I found was just in the size of the room itself. Everything else (incl. the size of the bathroom) was exactly the same. The manager gave us a complimentary breakfast for one of the days during our stay, which was a nice gesture for the inconvenience of having to change rooms after our first night.
But apart from that, everything was excellent for the rest of our stay!
The rooms were neatly presented and very quiet. Occasionally I would hear people in the hall walking to and from their rooms, but other than that, it was very quiet. Although admittedly we were in a corner room, so we didn't have much foot traffic going past our door at all...
The hotel not having a groundfloor lobby was a little inconvenient, but you get used to it. Not that the hotel could do anything about this anyway.
The location is top-notch, close to all the retail shops. You fall out of bed & you'll be right in the heart of all the shopping! :-)
And finally, ALL the staff that we had the pleasure of liaising with were very polite and made sure we had a very enjoyable stay, which we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Melbourne, Novotel Melbourne on Collins offers 380 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. The 4.5 Star property is within walking distance of some of the finest attractions in Melbourne. Offering a contemporary restaurant and bar, indoor heated swimming pool & spa and fitness centre, it is the perfect choice for both business and leisure travellers. St. Collins Lane, located conveniently beneath the hotel is now open, Melbourne's most unique fashion destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Novotel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Novotel