My wife and I stayed at this hotel recently for our honeymoon and, acted as our base for Melbourne and the Australian Open.
When you look at a map of Melbourne this hotel really is placed at the heart of the CBD. Just one block from Flinders Street Station and Federation Square, the hotel is within easy reach of Melbourne's attractions. The entrance on Collins Street has a concierge desk and lifts up to reception on the 6th Floor. This is because the hotel sits on top of the Australia on Collins shopping mall. Reception is large and also gives access to the hotel bar and restaurant. The bar has a large screen showing news or sports depending on the time. Also in reception were two Apple Mac computers for hotel guest use and a small stair case down to the shopping mall itself. Wi_Fi could be found througout the hotel but, depending on your booking, you may have to pay for it.
We had requested a room on a high floor with a view of Collins Street. In the end we did get a high floor but a room on the inside with a view of the shopping mall atrium. On the plus side our room was much larger than the standard and we could keep an eye on the pool/gym so we could go and relax in peace! The large room had another big bed, fitted wardrobe, reclining chair, desk and large TV. Only negative of the main room were the lights, at night or (I imagine) in winter. There is not much light coming from the shopping mall atrium and there are not many overhead lights in the room. So it can get a bit dark. The large bathroom had another walk in shower, large sink and toilet.
The pool and gym are easy to find on the 7th floor and have an open air view of the shopping mall. The gym was quite big but the pool was fairly small, next to the pool was also a small spa. Bubbles again activated by a nearby button.
The hotel was busy because of the tennis but, never seemed crowded.
Having stayed at this hotel I would definately stay again. I cannot think of a better located hotel, whether you are attending a sporting event or not I would strongly recomend staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Melbourne, Novotel Melbourne on Collins offers 380 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. The 4.5 Star property is within walking distance of some of the finest attractions in Melbourne. Offering a contemporary restaurant and bar, indoor heated swimming pool & spa and fitness centre, it is the perfect choice for both business and leisure travellers. St. Collins Lane, located conveniently beneath the hotel is now open, Melbourne's most unique fashion destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Novotel