“Comfortable stay at central Melbourne hotel”

Novotel Melbourne on Collins
Ranked #70 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the Novotel on Collins for our second visit to Melbourne and enjoyed it just as much. This time our room was slightly smaller, but it looked out to Collins Street which I preferred. The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable and the shower was excellent. The staff are friendly and polite. The hotel's central location is a winner as are the Melbourne trams, which are so frequent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,528)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Concierge Brian was extremely helpful in directing us on the best way to reach the G to see the Cats defeat the Hawks. Valet parking excellent. Interesting to see that baths have been removed since our last visit. Reduces the chance of slipps getting in or out over the edge

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This well located hotel has modern decor in average size rooms. On this occasion Did not have any meals. Found room on 11th floor quiet . Bed was comfortable. Easy walk to Flinders Street train station. Trams would be easy to catch covering many routes. Good variety of shopping and eating establishments all within walking distance. Would stay again

1  Thank Threechildren123
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The location of the Novotel is fantastic. We booked a family room with the twin beds in a connecting room. This room was extremely hot and didn't have much air circulating which made it uncomfortable for the children. Breakfast buffet was great. Concierge very helpful as well. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Central to shopping, bars and both footy grounds. Explore the wonderful Melbourne lanes or malls. There can't be a better location to stay in Melbourne, but most of all, enjoy the great service. Would now be my first choice in Melbourne, and has inspired me to choose Novotel wherever else I stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Nice to read that you loved your recent visit and our excellent location. Thank you for your positive feedback about my team as this is great encouragement. We hope to welcome you
back in the near future. Thanks again for your review and for making Novotel's your No 1 choice. of Hotel's.
Hayden Hughes

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I would like to say that the hotel is generally good, comparing with other four stars hotel, I was impressed that the Novetel was done a pretty good job and met my expectations. The room was definitely good, the reception was very efficient.
However, there are two things the hotel might think of improvement.
First of all, I don't understand that what the concierge was doing out there. Should they ask guests if they need assistance with their bags or not when they are carrying two huge luggages? It's really upset me when I saw four of them were chatting out there and without offering me help or even say hi.

The second thing bothering me is the design of the shower facility. When I turn on the water tap, the cold water generally comes out first. It left me no where to escape. The cold water just crazy ran through my whole body. It was really freezing. Maybe the design should change a little bit. It is better if the guest can turn the water tap down rather than just fixed it on the wall.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your constructive review. It is always good to know where we need to improve our level of service and product. I apologize if we let you down on a service level and I will address this with my team. It is kind of you to say we met your expectations but we would really like to exceed every guests expectations. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back so you can notice this.
Hayden Hughes

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was the first time we stayed at Novotel, having stayed in various CBD hotels before we decided to try Novotel. They had a great package for booking early which included accommodation and breakfast daily (as we booked before Christmas). It was a anniversary gift to my partner, and a great one at that!
The location is excellent, I couldnt have picked a better location, perfect for walking everywhere on your stay as its nice and close to allCBD attractions.

We thought the decor was very nice and everything was exceptionally clean. We really liked the hotel breakfast, the set up was fantastic with many choices to cater for everyone - although get in early if you want to avoild the small wait for a table as they fill up quickly.
The cleaning staff were very friendly and said hello each time we saw them, which was very nice.

The only downfall is the $35 a day car parking - way too expensive!

I'd definelty stay at Novotel on Collins again :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple