Novotel Melbourne on Collins
$92
$88
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$201
$125
Hotels.com
$126
$117
  • Room Service
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Free Internet
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$158
Agoda.com
$310
$238
$83
$79
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$170
Hotels.com
$230
$185
4,677 results
All reviewsgreat locationblock arcadecentral locationbuffet breakfastvalet parkingthe heart of the citystandard roompillow menufederation squareenjoyable stayan upgradetram stopcollinsatriumconciergeaccorlift
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Central to shopping, bars and both footy grounds. Explore the wonderful Melbourne lanes or malls. There can't be a better location to stay in Melbourne, but most of all, enjoy the great service. Would now be my first choice in Melbourne, and has inspired me to choose Novotel wherever else I stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Nice to read that you loved your recent visit and our excellent location. Thank you for your positive feedback about my team as this is great encouragement. We hope to welcome you
back in the near future. Thanks again for your review and for making Novotel's your No 1 choice. of Hotel's.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I would like to say that the hotel is generally good, comparing with other four stars hotel, I was impressed that the Novetel was done a pretty good job and met my expectations. The room was definitely good, the reception was very efficient.
However, there are two things the hotel might think of improvement.
First of all, I don't understand that what the concierge was doing out there. Should they ask guests if they need assistance with their bags or not when they are carrying two huge luggages? It's really upset me when I saw four of them were chatting out there and without offering me help or even say hi.

The second thing bothering me is the design of the shower facility. When I turn on the water tap, the cold water generally comes out first. It left me no where to escape. The cold water just crazy ran through my whole body. It was really freezing. Maybe the design should change a little bit. It is better if the guest can turn the water tap down rather than just fixed it on the wall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your constructive review. It is always good to know where we need to improve our level of service and product. I apologize if we let you down on a service level and I will address this with my team. It is kind of you to say we met your expectations but we would really like to exceed every guests expectations. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back so you can notice this.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was the first time we stayed at Novotel, having stayed in various CBD hotels before we decided to try Novotel. They had a great package for booking early which included accommodation and breakfast daily (as we booked before Christmas). It was a anniversary gift to my partner, and a great one at that!
The location is excellent, I couldnt have picked a better location, perfect for walking everywhere on your stay as its nice and close to allCBD attractions.

We thought the decor was very nice and everything was exceptionally clean. We really liked the hotel breakfast, the set up was fantastic with many choices to cater for everyone - although get in early if you want to avoild the small wait for a table as they fill up quickly.
The cleaning staff were very friendly and said hello each time we saw them, which was very nice.

The only downfall is the $35 a day car parking - way too expensive!

I'd definelty stay at Novotel on Collins again :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Novotel on Collins is an extremely comfortable hotel. Michael's restaurant for dinner is always a treat with excellent food and wine choices. Breakfast has a wide range of food also and is reasonably priced. The surcharge on top of the bill is very annoying and unnecessary and I feel this has become a bit of a trend with some hotels. Car parking is also extremely expensive and makes a reasonably priced stay expensive.$35. The parking outside the Novotel is always messy. There are only a few spaces devoted to the hotel and this becomes difficult as Collins Street is always busy. Double parking can be fraught with difficulty and quite stressful. The attendants are very good but are dealing with a compromised situation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great hotel in a great location. We had a room with two double beds as we were staying with our 5 and 7 years old boys. Room was a little on the small side but that was the only negative. Kids stay and eat for free which made it great value and Peter at reception was a delight and a big favourite with our boys with the stuffed toys. Will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bigburper123

Thank you and the family for recent patronage. My team does enjoy meeting new people and loves being interactive with guests. I will share your compliment with Peter and I am certain even he will have a smile on his face. The Hotel has different room types which might be more suitable for a family on a future stay. Please call my team direct as you know they would love to help.