What a great hotel! Situated in the centre of Melbourne it provides a great location for any stay. The staff are excellent and very accommodating. Check-in was hassle free and fast, with an upgrade to an Excecutive room provided on the 14th floor. 3 elevators ensure you are not waiting for a long time in the lobby areas.
The room itself was very large and spacious which would be especially welcoming for a week-long stay. Large full length mirrors on the closet provided ample storage space. A highlight of the room was the floor to ceiling windows looking into the Collins St shopping mall atrium. As the mall has a glass ceiling, the room is filled with plenty of natural light during the day. The room is very quiet which is perfect for a good night's rest.
Those staying for business will make very good use of the large desk which had 4 easily accessible power sockets. The softa bed/couch and lounge chair provide a great spot to view the large LCD TV or read. All the digital channels plus a handful of Foxtel channels are also availabe with the usual in-house movies. The air-conditioning is excellent with adjustable temperature and fan speed settings working well.
The bathroom is large and the shower head is great. A real shame there is no bath-tub. The amenities provided are the usual Novotel fare. There is also a pool and gym located within the hotel. Both are in an open-plan space so it may feel awkward lifting weights next to someone swimming by the pool. A nice feature is that one side of the gym is open-aired into the atrium so you do get some 'fresh' air.
Parking is valet and at $35/night, reasonable for the CBD. There are some nearby bays with 1hr parking, or free between 7pm-7am, depending on the day. One of the minor inconveniences is there is no dedicated bay for hotel guests to drive into. As it is one of the main streets in the CBD, you do have to on occassions park the car opposite the hotel or a little further down the street before handing the keys to the valet.
All-in all, a great hotel. The small inconvenience of finding a place to leave the car whilst you unload is far outweighed by the excellent staff, rooms and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Melbourne, Novotel Melbourne on Collins offers 380 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. The 4.5 Star property is within walking distance of some of the finest attractions in Melbourne. Offering a contemporary restaurant and bar, indoor heated swimming pool & spa and fitness centre, it is the perfect choice for both business and leisure travellers. St. Collins Lane, located conveniently beneath the hotel is now open, Melbourne's most unique fashion destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Novotel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Novotel