“Great location”

Novotel Melbourne on Collins
Ranked #74 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,611)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked for a room for several key reasons, location, room features and amenities and quiet nights rest. I did not get the room I booked the premier King option which included bottled water nespresso machine, walk in shower and chaise lounge. The room I got allocated did not have any of the features. When I asked to be moved into the room I had booked I was told there were no rooms available the hotel was full. I had booked 5 days prior to my stay. I was offered free coffee but it didn't come to the room until 5 mins to checkout time and wasn't what I had ordered. really unhappy

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. Please allow me to express my sincerest apology as your stay was not what you hoped for. I was sorry to read that the good will gesture my Management team extended to you was not to your satisfaction and you still feel disappointment. If you would like to talk further about your visit I would welcome the opportunity of speaking with you personally.
You can contact me : phone 61 3 9667 5800 or email hayden.hughes@accor.com

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed several times here at this hotel, however was disappointed this time. We left the room at 10am, and when we returned at 4.40pm the room was still not made up. We called reception and asaked for some clean towels so that we could have a shower, half an hour later still no towels, so called again and they were delivered. At 5pm a caleaner arrived and advised that she finsished work at 5.30pm, my colleague was in the process of showering, so couldn't let her in. Went down to reception at 6.30 and asked for the room to be cleaned. When we returned at 8pm it was cleaned - just. There was also renovations there that were not publised on the website.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your review which lets us know where we need to improve our quality of service. The Hotel's website is updated on a regular basis with any news about our Hotel by my Sales team but I shall follow up other providers and see if is mentioned on their webpage.
Please be assured I will investigate with my Housekeeping team why your room was not cleaned as each room is serviced daily and should be at an appropriate time of day. I do hope you accept my apology for the less than perfect visit and would love to welcome you back for an enjoyable stay in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Rooms excellent ,well rennovated and nothing lacking. Breakfast is a real treat lots variety for all tastes.Location ,location,location , right above tiffanys, 100 metres from Royal Lane, its Melbourne ,Melbourne ,Melbourne

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit. With the Hotel's nearly completed upgrade of the public area's we have tried to minimise any impact this might have on our guests. Please allow me to apologise for any inconvenience you might have occurred during your stay because of this. So pleased to read that because of the Hotel's excellent location and my helpful team you enjoyed your time in Melbourne.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and your feedback.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank christerrific
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel has been going through an upgrade over the past few years, they have managed to improve the rooms and maintain good staff. It is well located and in spite of the renovations it is always nice to be back

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We travel to Melbourne regularly and now only ever stay at Novotel Melbourne on Collins. Fantastic location, so close to everything. Service has always been good. Spacious clean rooms and all the amenities you need in a city hotel.