WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Novotel Melbourne on Collins

Novotel Melbourne on Collins
Ranked #57 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Comfortable hotel with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in a Queen room. I loved the pillow menu - definitely recommend having a look if you're not a big fan of the usual hotel pillows. There are a few good alternatives to choose from. The room was nice and clean.

The location is so handy for shops, and there's also a tram stop a few metres away.

Buffet breakfast was nice. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I enjoyed it. They also had a juice maker available so you could make your own freshly squeezed juice.

On leaving the hotel, the concierge staff were very helpful and helped get my luggage into my airport shuttle.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the pillow menu!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our organisation regularly uses ACCOR hotels the ALAEA has a large account at the Brighton le Sands Novotel and has had for over 10 years. I am also aLe Club member. Unfortunately on the day I had booked accommodation for in Melbourne Novotel Collins street I was called back to Sydney and did not stay at the Novotel Melbourne VIC. I was charged for the room anyway which is annoying, seeing that we are regular customers of the group I would have thought some sort of credit could have been arranged toward future accommodation? E.g. I'm travelling to Melbourne this Thursday and booked again with Novotel Collins Street.

Gary Norris

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for review. I have looked into your recent stay with us and you booked a prepaid non refundable rate. We have a variety of different rates available which might suit your travel needs and are flexible. As you will be staying with us this week, I am hoping we can meet up to see if we can discuss the options of a more suitable corporate rate for future stays at Novotel on Collins. Please ask for me upon your arrival.

Kind Regards,
Hayden Hughes
Quirindi, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Fantastic hotel, in what is an even better location. Our room overlooked 4 stories of shopping centre, right in the middle of Melbourne. You can walk to everything, and the meals at the restaurants in the surrounding area of the hotel are as good as you will get anywhere. The hotel and its staff are beautifully presented and can't do enough to help. Well done, and thank you. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Novotel on Collins is in an excellent location in the heart of the city. Nice quiet rooms. Very clean and spacious, Have stayed here several times and will stay again. Great friendly service. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I arrived about 1pm and was able to check in with no problems, the room was nice and there was a nice comfy chair with a foot stool which I could've slept on it was so comfortable.
One warning about the chair it had a wooden edging which I found sharp and I have numerous bruises on the backs of my legs from this chair.
I was in room 1128 and I found on Friday night that I could hear the thumping of music from somewhere which was a bit annoying.
I had no problem with the pillows but I did find the bed uncomfortable and woke up with a sore back the 2 nights I was there.

In the lift area to the room is also a circular stairway which leads down to the Australia Arcade but there is also a lift that you can use further around which will take you down to the arcade too.

The pool and spa looks nice but my partner and I found that it is a long walk around to get to there.

The buffet for breakfast was nice but I was turned off when I saw people using their fingers to take food items out of the trays instead of using the utensils.

I found that it doesn't matter what star rating accommodation place you stay at people still do not consider others in the rooms and still make a lot of noise to disturb others. Maybe when checking in people should be given a reminder to be considerate of others staying there.

Location is great with The Block Arcade a couple of doors down from the Novotel where you can find Haighs Chocolates and the Tea Rooms and across the road is Lindt Chocolates, unfortunately I didn't get the time to go through the Australia Arcade but I did find the food hall quite good.

The Novotel is in a very good location we stayed here as it was for my partner's birthday but I did find it a bit pricey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed for three nights in October in a twin room with two double beds. We were told there was a maintenance problem with the room we had booked so we were given an upgraded queen room with rollaway bed for the first night. We were moved to the twin room for the remaining two nights. Because of the changes, we were given complimentary breakfast each morning and a late check out which was appreciated. Reception staff were efficient in dealing with this problem.

The room was spacious,clean, quiet and well appointed. The bed was the very comfortable. The location is fantastic with trams nearby and most attractions and shopping, restaurants etc within walking distance. I would say this hotel is very close to a 5 star. Thankyou Novotel on Collins for a very enjoyable stay. I would definately return to this hotel and recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Maroochydore, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Overall great hotel. Excellent location, buffet breakfast highly recommended as children eat for free. Rooms clean but very dark during day. Pool also not very exciting.....................................

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family