“Good Experience”

Novotel Melbourne on Collins
Ranked #71 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed here on a Sunday night for business on Monday. Had a lovely room facing Collins Street. Staff were lovely from the front desk to the restaurant. My room was large enough with a very comfortable bed. Everything worked well and I enjoyed my stay overnight. I ate in the restaurant by myself and felt quite comfortable. Food was very pleasant, reasonably priced and the service was good. I left my belongings with the Concierge while attending business in the CBD. On my return my car was brought around for me, loaded and I then took off to my home on the outskirts of Melbourne. Sure was better than driving in and out of the CBD in one day.

Very good hotel if you want a central location to everything.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Dear GillianH,
As no business person needs any more stress I was pleased about your post. My team and I are happy that we helped make your stay easy for you. Hopefully for your next trip we can see you again.
Hayden Hughes

Write a ReviewReviews (4,579)

Reviewed January 15, 2012

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

An Accor traveler
San Remo, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2012

1  Thank An Accor traveler
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2012

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Enjoyed our stay in Melbourne staying at the Novatel hotel which was right on the mall at Collins st so made it easy to get around the central city on foot with no hassles.The full breakfasts at the hotel were great and kept us going all day till we got back to the hotel bar for a relaxing drink.

Dear traveller from Taupo,
Thank you for your review. Our full buffet breakfast has obviously won a new fan and so has our bar. Glad you where able to enjoy a relaxing time at the Hotel and where able to use what we offer.

A TripAdvisor Member
brisbane
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed at the Novotel for 4 nights in early January and found everything to our liking. We were in a Premier Room which looked over the atrium. The room was quite good. The furnishings were modern and well maintained the bathroom was small although well appointed, the walk in shower was good. The whole room was clean and tidy. We had breakfast in Michels each morning and were impressed by the good variety of hot and cold food. One frustrating thing at breakfast was the inability of the staff to keep up the supply of coffee cups etc. Housekeeping missed refilling the tea/coffee on two occasions. One other small gripe was that the Skybus transfer we requested was not ordered, fortunately, we had ample time to catch our flight. All in all we were very happy with our stay and if the price was right we would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear traveller in Brisbane,
Thank you for your review. Please accept my apology that we did not get everything 100% correct. At times we get caught out by being busier than anticipated but your feedback has been taken onboard and we will ensure to pay more attention to the little things that are indeed very important. I thank you for your kindness by writing that you enjoyed your stay and would visit again. Please keep an eye on the website for any upcoming packages or contact my Reservation department direct.

A TripAdvisor Member
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2012

All the staff were offering help about all the requst,will recomand to friend whoever travel to Mel city.Thanks the conceurge staff who works on 8th Jan.They booked the airbus and help me carry all the luggue.was on a rush so did't get the name.but all the staff were kind and poffectional!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear traveller from Brisbane,
This is what service is all about and we have achieved it. My team loves going that extra little step and your thank you is very much appreciated. I will share your comment with them.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

This was our first time at this Hotel, As members of Accor and avid travellers we have stayed in a number of hotels and this rates highly. The location is great for the shopaholics and within a very short walk to many main attractions.i.e. Train Station, Casino, Aquarium, Eureka tower, South Bank, Yarra River cruises etc. The staff were very friendly and efficient , while the rooms reasonably spacious and clean. I enjoyed the quality of the breakfast but specifically the pancakes( yum).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple